Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times

Advertisements

It's a simple question. Do you like making other people happy? It seems that many people on here are so hung up on what others are doing or not doing for them. People scream "entitlement" constantly! "She thinks she's entitled to a good looking guy who makes a lot of money and treats her well when really she should settle for me!" "He thinks he's entitled to a hot wife you dotes on him when really he should settle for me!" People fight about who puts how much effort into dating and romancing. People fight about which gender looks better or acts better or does more... But I look at my own life - and I feel soooooo lucky - and I realize that none of these things ever come up in my life. And I wonder if it's partly because I like making other people happy. I honestly do. It's not a chore. I don't bemoan the fact that I have to dress up for someone or cook for someone or take care of someone. I enjoy it. I like having my friends and neighbors over for dinner. I like throwing parties. I like taking care of my husband. I like taking care of my dog. I like taking care of my baby. I like making other people HAPPY! It makes me feel good!
So - do you like making other people happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
No.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No.
And are you happy?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM

31 posts, read 88,933 times
I like being taken care of showered with gifts taken to places I like to go to. We women need to learn to better train our husbands.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:44 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's a simple question. Do you like making other people happy? It seems that many people on here are so hung up on what others are doing or not doing for them. People scream "entitlement" constantly! "She thinks she's entitled to a good looking guy who makes a lot of money and treats her well when really she should settle for me!" "He thinks he's entitled to a hot wife you dotes on him when really he should settle for me!" People fight about who puts how much effort into dating and romancing. People fight about which gender looks better or acts better or does more... But I look at my own life - and I feel soooooo lucky - and I realize that none of these things ever come up in my life. And I wonder if it's partly because I like making other people happy. I honestly do. It's not a chore. I don't bemoan the fact that I have to dress up for someone or cook for someone or take care of someone. I enjoy it. I like having my friends and neighbors over for dinner. I like throwing parties. I like taking care of my husband. I like taking care of my dog. I like taking care of my baby. I like making other people HAPPY! It makes me feel good!
Not really. I like doing the occasional nice thing for my mom and encouraging others when I'm down but otherwise I think others are in control of their own happiness.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary324 View Post
I like being taken care of showered with gifts taken to places I like to go to. We women need to learn to better train our husbands.
So - I guess you don't like to make other people happy. You just like other people making you happy. Well - you and I will probably never see eye to eye on this.

Just out of curiosity - are you really a woman and do you really believe all your posts? You are fairly new here and I can't help feeling like you are a man pretending to be a woman saying things to make women look bad. I apologize if this is not the case - but I can't really believe that you are this spoiled and somehow proud of that.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Not really. I like doing the occasional nice thing for my mom and encouraging others when I'm down but otherwise I think others are in control of their own happiness.
It's not about being in control of other people's happiness. I know that if someone is truly miserable - me making them a dozen cookies isn't going to somehow turn their whole life around. But when I do make someone a dozen cookies - and they enjoy them and are a little bit cheerier because of them - I feel really good inside!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
I love making people happy too. I take care of my man, I send money to my daughters, I make people laugh, I listen to their problems, I'm a good RN.

I actually care about people. Even on this forum I enjoy my online friends. I send little e-cards to let them know I'm thinking of them.

I don't do the best job of it at times but at least I try. I could be a better daughter, a better sister, a better Mother, a better nurse, but all in all I want the very best for the people I love.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
And are you happy?
That's why I'm happy, I don't go out of my way to make people happy. I mean a wife or kids are one thing. But me sitting around worring is this person happy with me, is that person happy with me, is a waste of time.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Well Dewdrop personally for me I would like to see other people happy but I don't want to be taken advantage of. I subscribed to the idea of doing things for others without expecting anything in the past but I've gotten hurt putting the needs and wants of others before my own so now I'm not so sure and I can blindly please other people because being used didn't feel good.

Sure I have no problem doing the little things but in order for me to put in that great deal of effort to please someone I want to know that they are willing to the same for me. Otherwise I would feel like a simp and a fool and that doesn't feel good. I don't know about these other guys but if I come off selfish then that's why. No one likes being taken advantage and no one respects a person who allows themselves to be treated like crap as evidence on these threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships