Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I would give some consideration to what you pose as a rebuttal, however, I would consider someone who lost their 25 year old as being someone who lost their kid. Furthermore, I wonder if that 25 year old had their own child who died in a hypothetical accident, that the grandparent would think to themselves, "at least it wasn't my child?"

There most certainly is.
Thanks.

And that is my point. I find it annoying when someone, especially on a newscast, seems to state how sad it is that a child died and then glosses over the death of the adult. While an adult, that adult is someone's child, brother, sister, parent...etc. Death is sad, and in my opinion, no more tragic for someone who is young than old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:05 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Dogs pretty much stay babies. I like babies a lot. I like toddlers because they're cute as hell. I don't like kids over 4. They're just as moody as I am and they're a mini-person. I'm boss little person.

Kids get older and no matter how much you discipline, do the right things, something will go wrong and they're probably hate you for something. Dogs always love you.

Plus they do what you want them to.

There's always the except to the rule and I LOVE those kids. But I love giving them back to their parents most of all.

I really think I like dogs more and I still don't understand why most of the time. I'm really good with kids and I get that a lot. Like people go wow you're so good with them. They like come to me. But I like puppies and dogs a little better.

But babies and little children can be adorable. I'm a sucker for a kid with a pacifier. They just look so innocent and sweet and I love them sitting in a basket looking at the world like it's an awesome place. When they don't speak fully yet they're great.

Maybe I like dogs better because they can't talk. IDK but I DO hate cats. I really dislike those animals and everything else. I just like dogs and not all dogs. Those rodent looking things I don't like. Those nasty little Yorkies, those little ugly ROUSes chihuahuas, those yappy annoying Dachshunds, those creepy Ewok looking shih tzus, etc.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:24 AM

7 posts, read 8,489 times
Puppies/dogs don't scream and *most* don't drool all over the place. Dogs can be trained not to run wild and can actually be loyal, kids are monsters that only care about themselves. Puppies are cute, human babies just look like a mutated blob of a human being.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 AM

Oh yeah and not to mention all the money you won't be spending on diapers, clothes, toys, schools, etc. dogs just settle for a $10 bag of dog food and some water everyday.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
There is an ad on here for english bulldog puppies !!!

Our office has bring your pet to work day. No kids .
See no matter how ugly the dog will grow up to be at least it's cute when it's little :P

Old 08-03-2014, 01:13 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
dogs offer companionship and dont require much care, just keep them clean, fed, walks, rabies shots

humans are more of a liabilty, takes more responsibility, care, food, clothing, medical care, education, a lot more stressful to raise a child, more of a burden, plus having a family is no longer necessary in a modern society, you dont need lots of kids to tend the farm or do chores like the old days.

dogs are never a burden and dont require much to be happy

Old 08-03-2014, 01:16 PM

107 posts, read 157,293 times
Kittens and puppies are cute babies are not. Besides which kittens and puppies grow up to be cats and dogs. Babies grow up to be humans - the most evil and destructive beasts on the earth.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:22 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Who left the gate open?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:39 PM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noname123456789 View Post
Oh yeah and not to mention all the money you won't be spending on diapers, clothes, toys, schools, etc. dogs just settle for a $10 bag of dog food and some water everyday.
Exactly plus babies require far more attention than a dog. You don't have to wake up constantly to tend to a hungry dog, but a baby you do. A dog requires much less maintenance than a human. If I want to go somewhere for a weekend, I can board the dog or even leave it by itself for a day or two - I can't board a baby. A child is orders of magnitude more of a financial commitment than a dog and your obligation to the child will be way more than the dogs lifespan. If TSHTF, the dog can go but you can't get a rid of a kid.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:45 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
If I want to go somewhere for a weekend, I can board the dog or even leave it by itself for a day or two - I can't board a baby. A child is orders of magnitude more of a financial commitment than a dog and your obligation to the child will be way more than the dogs lifespan. If TSHTF, the dog can go but you can't get a rid of a kid.
Please don't get a dog. This is so not correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships