U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM

4,151 posts, read 2,599,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
It wouldn't bother me at all. One of my friends is prett damn rich and successful. I'm not envious and in fairness, he is completely humble and down to earth and has never rubbed it in my face. So yes, of course it can work, but not if you are a naturally envious person.
How do you know your friend is rich?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-15-2012, 08:25 PM

4,151 posts, read 2,599,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Rarely. I went to 2 different Catholic high schools. The first one was a stuffy "prep school" and I then, not so easily, got my wish to transfer to a run-of-the-mill archdiocesan one. Kids are really able to smell out socioeconomic status very quickly. At the first school, the "ultra rich" hung out with the "ultra rich," and on down. Economically similar people banded together, even the kids who were poor and had scholarships. My second school was thankfully not as diverse...it really only spanned from upper middle class to lower middle class, and there was some "layering," though not as much.

As you get into the world of work, the income disparity causes more of a rift, because people can't spend at the same level. I doubt the doctor hangs around the high school industrial arts teacher, unless they were really, really good friends as kids.
There are poor doctors and rich teachers though.

Unread 03-15-2012, 09:21 PM

166 posts, read 35,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
I am an executive at a Fortune 500 company and my best friend is a truck driver. We golf and I always pick the less expensive tracks. Still 18 holes and 4 hours together. Try to low key some of my travel etc. Just two guys that share a few beers together. He is a couple of years younger than me and I put him in my will for $25,000. It will come as a complete shock to him but he'll be smiling from ear to ear.

That's it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships