Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times

Advertisements

A few ideas come to mind...

-Beat your sister within an inch of her life...literally
-Call some professionals to get her institutionailized...she clearly needs mental help...
-Cut all ties with her completely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Your sister didn't call you b/c she didn't want you there. It doesn't matter WHY she did that. Your sister revealed to you the person she is. She is treacherous and she does not have your best interest at heart. As others have said, she obviously has mental health issues. Concentrate on celebrating your mother's life and grieving for her . . . and as far as your sister, you need to stay as far away from her as possible. The woman is toxic.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
From the information you've posted in previous threads about your relationship with this sister and her ability to keep you and your mother divided prior to her death, it was her modus operandi. I understand why you're hurt, you shouldn't be at all surprised by her actions.

Shes not a nice person with an agenda of her own and perhaps mental health problems. Your mother knows you cared about her. My condolences on the loss.
^ ^ ^ This is excellent advice! Your mom did know you cared, and that is all that matters (as far as your mother and your relationship).

Virgode summed it up: your sister is not a nice person and she does have an agenda of her own. It doesn't even matter, really, what her agenda is . . . you just need to stay out of her circle of influence.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
OP...I would really like to know if any of those links were helpful to you?? Please update us. I hope you are able to get past the anger, do not let it interfere w/ your grieving process..........

Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
First, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard. Second, a death of a parent causes so many emotions and bickering can come out of that especially between siblingsso just know that this is normal and remember that life is not guaranteed.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:56 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I am sorry for your loss.. Having lost my parents and my husband I will give you my thoughts on this.. Call Hospice and ask about grief classes. They do have them to help you deal with the loss you are feeling. I personally used http://www.groww.org/. It is a chat forum where you can discuss your feelings and emotions with others who want to help. Sometimes just writing about it helps a lot.

Secondly, I have always felt that when someone does something like what your sister has done it is on her to live with not me. Holding a grudge will only hurt you, not her.

You did make it to the hospital and who knows maybe that is the way it was suppose to be. I wasn't there when my Father passed away but I did see my Mom before but I was not there when she died. I was there when my husband passed away, but I was asleep. I know I was not the one in charge of their leaving.. they were.
You loved your mother and she loved you.

Good luck.. it will get better.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 944 times
My Sister did exactly the same to me so I know exactly how you must feel,I think at this rate I will need a trip to my Doctors as I do not feel able to cope,I too would have liked to have said Goodbye to my Mother but my selfish Sister took that right away from me.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Yes your sister has issues, but there's nothing you can do about it but move on and make your life happy. My brother didn't have the decency to call me when my mother died. She passed at the hospital where I was working at the time and I found out about it when I showed up for work that night. My family was always dysfunctional and it is what it is. I distanced myself from them years before she died. Life is to short to allow toxic people to bring you down. Even if it is family. Best of luck to you love. Just be grateful you had a good mother and seek comfort in the memory of her smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships