U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 PM

706 posts, read 535,381 times
maybe she has obsessive compulsive disorder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 PM

428 posts, read 334,400 times
Maybe she belongs on that obession show on I think TLC....

Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 PM

5,385 posts, read 4,045,146 times
Simplest solution is to just take your TP into your room when you're finished using it. At the end of the roll, when there isn't enough of it to do anything with, unwrap it and write "YOU'RE SCREWED!" on the last sheet. Rewrap and wait for hilarity. Sorta like this:

Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,212,921 times
If I could only swap problems with you, I'd buy you a roomful of TP!

Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 PM

7,213 posts, read 7,453,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Well, there really isn't a law that says that you need to provide tp to your roommate. Buy yours, and keep it in your room. Take it with you to the bathroom whenever your going to need it, and bring it back to your room and put it in your closet when you are done with it. She won't have any other option than to buy her own.
^^^^^ This is the best solution.

Or I would ask her up front or keep the receipts from the store and just say "I went to CVS and spent $12.99 on TP, so you owe me half".

Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 PM

12,059 posts, read 7,910,150 times
Take the toiletpaper out of the bathroom. Leave her a cork...hahaha

Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Take the toiletpaper out of the bathroom. Leave her a cork...hahaha
She can also cut up some newspapers, leave them in the bathrooms, and pronounce them the new TP in the house, while using her own during the "training period"!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM

7,953 posts, read 6,055,856 times
Just buy the good stuff for yourself, and let her buy her own. If she comments, just flat out tell her why. I don't think TP is cheap, but nothing is cheap if people are wasting, or not buying there share.........and we go through a lot about my house too. Seriously, if you don't know her, this is just a start, I would broach the subject, not in a huge way but get it on the table. maybe she has sinus problems...who knows, til you ask.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM

1,363 posts, read 750,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Just buy the good stuff for yourself, and let her buy her own. If she comments, just flat out tell her why. I don't think TP is cheap,
Wait. TP isn't cheap. I'll admit I haven't really been in a grocery store in the last two years, but toilet paper was never expensive.

I think it was like $8.99 for 12 two ply double rolls. Either I am totally remembering wrong, people have a skewed sense of what is expensive, or inflation is going through the roof.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,216,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Now I feel kind of dumb making this an issue when I have no other real problems with my roommate (she's clean and stays out of my way, we don't really know each other, met on Craigslist so a gamble), but the way she handles toilet paper is really bizarre and ticks me off.

I don't know if she has some sort of toilet paper obsession but she likes to open multiple rolls of toilet paper at a time and have them out (so when I buy the toilet paper, which is at least 80% of the time), I have to hide it in my room. She also seems to go through a ridiculous amount of toilet paper, so much in fact that it's not physically possible for her to be using it just to wipe her butt. One time I was gone a day and a whole roll of toilet paper had been used. What is she doing with all this toilet paper????

She went on vacation for a bit so I relaxed and took the toilet paper out of my room, only to come back one day and find 3 rolls of toilet paper unwrapped, so it was clear she was back.

Should I just let this slide since toilet paper is cheap and we don't have any other problems in general? I don't really know her very well and we only very rarely talk, usually for less than a couple of minutes at a time and never about anything serious. It's just really, really annoying and bizarre.
As one poster mentioned...OCD could be the reason...if that's the only problem...you should keep her and invest on...... (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I can go through an entire roll in one sitting. Seriously. I use a lot. I like to be clean. Maybe i wipe wrong, i really dont know
You can use up a whole roll and it wouldn't be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Well toilet paper alone isn't the best way to clean down there. I also like to keep that area clean, I often put a dab of soap on my toilet paper before I wipe.

I buy wet wipes too, there above the toilet with the toilet paper. She doesn't have the same affinity for wet wipes.
Here's a cheaper alternative:
A sprayed behind is a clean behind!

TOILET PAPER VS. BATHROOM BIDET SPRAYERS

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships