U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM

1,402 posts, read 1,456,332 times
I would have de-friended her. Facebook is just too much of a drama arena these days. Its easy for people to hide behind a computer screen and not talk to each other face to face like older times..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 PM

8,870 posts, read 6,205,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
It never would have escalated if she would have approached me like a normal person. the computer screen is safe for her but she claims to have more "balls" than I do.....alrighty then. If that's what she wants to think then..

Ya really can't f* with adrenaline...It gets rowdy.

Email/messaging is a safe way to keep things under wrap, lets you get out everything you wanna say without anger forcing your fist into someone's face...warranted or not.

Not sure what you did, but all you can do is give it time.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,995,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
I would have de-friended her. Facebook is just too much of a drama arena these days. Its easy for people to hide behind a computer screen and not talk to each other face to face like older times..
I'm deathly afraid that "de-friending" her will cause more drama or else I would have done it. Her and her fiance have heard me say a million times how much I hate when people approach serious subjects over text or FB with me and yet here she is! She's even heard about problems I've had with other friends and how we jsut met up for coffee and talked it out and were fine after taht. Nobody would attack anybody in these situations so it was able to be solved but that isn't sinking in for her.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 1,524,478 times
During a short time period, I kept coming across women who were very rude to me. I've read & I believe that life & others around us mirror what's going on inside of us. I've got a lot of anger at women - I've been hurt by them, including family, starting when I was little. I tried to brush it off & act all nice, but inside, I was poisoning myself with anger.

Nobody can upset you - unless they physically hurt you, but emotionally, they can only hurt you to the extent that you interpret it to be hurtful.
If I wrote on facebook that you stood on top of your roof and did the hokey pokey, you wouldn't get pissed, would you? You'd probably just laugh & think I was smoking something strange.

This friend of yours said/wrote something that hit a nerve in you... maybe it touched an old unhealed wound, otherwise you wouldn't care.
It's actually a blessing in disguise - to help you know who your true friends are, but more importantly to explore & heal yourself.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Ya really can't f* with adrenaline...It gets rowdy.

Email/messaging is a safe way to keep things under wrap, lets you get out everything you wanna say without anger forcing your fist into someone's face...warranted or not.

Not sure what you did, but all you can do is give it time.
yep, that's exactly why I told her to contact me when she has cooled off, however long that would take.

I didn't do anything HORRIBLE. I made mistakes I didn't realize were bothering her which fine I can own up to that, but attacking me is just making her look just as bad as she's saying I am. Sure, email is safe but its cowardly, she wasn't even fired up when she approached me and thus it never would have escalated, had she tried to talk in person, in the first place. its just blowing my mind.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,584,335 times
Lesson learned: many adults don't act like adults.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
During a short time period, I kept coming across women who were very rude to me. I've read & I believe that life & others around us mirror what's going on inside of us. I've got a lot of anger at women - I've been hurt by them, including family, starting when I was little. I tried to brush it off & act all nice, but inside, I was poisoning myself with anger.

Nobody can upset you - unless they physically hurt you, but emotionally, they can only hurt you to the extent that you interpret it to be hurtful.
If I wrote on facebook that you stood on top of your roof and did the hokey pokey, you wouldn't get pissed, would you? You'd probably just laugh & think I was smoking something strange.

This friend of yours said/wrote something that hit a nerve in you... maybe it touched an old unhealed wound, otherwise you wouldn't care.
It's actually a blessing in disguise - to help you know who your true friends are, but more importantly to explore & heal yourself.
ya she did hit a nerve, making me into some horrible and awful human being is absolutely not ok. I would never do that to her if I had a problem.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Lesson learned: many adults don't act like adults.
true story. One of our mutual friends jokingly told me to say "well, since you want to communicate like 5 year olds..I guess I'll just play along". I almost did it but then I thought "noo...that's not me" lol.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:35 PM

3,056 posts, read 2,329,669 times
Take her off your friends list and let her know as FB is a public forum she may be libel for what see post.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Take her off your friends list and let her know as FB is a public forum she may be libel for what see post.
that's the thing..its gonna cause more drama and I'll be proving her points. I'm just staying away. that's all I can do. I don't think we'll be friends anymore though, but once that's established, I'll do my deleting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships