U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM

5,073 posts, read 2,784,450 times

Advertisements

Im sorry but thats just plan wierd. You'll take her off if she decides she doesnt want you in her life? THats a terrible attitude. Screw her. Defreind her and never give it another thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,923,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I have no idea. she hasn't said anything about that. of course I'll take her off if she decides she doesn't want me in her life at all. but right now I don't even know whats going on other than she's pissed at me.
Well, I just found out above she sent you a private message on FB, so I wouldn't really call this a "FB fight." It's no different than e-mail, let's say. While it may not be the best medium for handling arguments, I don't quite understand why you made the thread to be sort of about FB...

Old 04-13-2012, 07:38 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,265,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Im sorry but thats just plan wierd. You'll take her off if she decides she doesnt want you in her life? THats a terrible attitude. Screw her. Defreind her and never give it another thought.
cause she has a disability and I don't feel right just giving up on her. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

Sierra-I just called it a fb fight because it happened on facebook but ya I guess my point is, that I'm mad she uses technology to approach me about serious stuff instead of talking to me in person.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 PM

5,073 posts, read 2,784,450 times
Quote:
cause she has a disability and I don't feel right just giving up on her. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

Sierra-I just called it a fb fight because it happened on facebook but ya I guess my point is, that I'm mad she uses technology to approach me about serious stuff instead of talking to me in person.
Gotcha. You have a good heart.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,923,528 times
Quote:
I'd just let it go for now. If she sends another message about that, just firmly tell her you'd like to discuss it in person and quit responding. If she contacts you and you see each other in person to clear the air, fine; if not, fine again...

Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,265,805 times
Quote:
Gotcha. You have a good heart.
Thank you, that means a lot to me right now. She doesn't agree with you.

Sierra-that's what I decided to do. that's why I havne't written her back and won't. but ya, whatever the outcome..its fine.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,749,489 times
Quote:

At times like these, keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Old 04-14-2012, 04:41 AM

4,045 posts, read 5,445,718 times
Having a disability is no excuse for acting like a jerk. I'm glad the fight wasn't in public where everybody could see it. That is so immature.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,289,197 times
Quote:
A friend of mine had a problem with me. fine, I had no problem owning up to whatever her problems with me were. she chose to approach me on FB about it. I thought no big deal, we'll drop it in 5 minutes or else I would have asked her to meet up with me so we can talk about it in person. Well, it turned into a 3 day blowout!! by the 3rd message, I finally asked her if we could meet in person once she cooled off. she refused, claiming its not a good idea, even though I said, take the time to cool off! And instead, just attacked me over and over. Every message after taht I kept asking her to take it off FB and she just kept going. Finally I just stopped responding. We're both 25..I can't believe her! and I feel stupid that I went along with it for even a second! All my other friends taht I have ever had an issue with or who have had an issue with me (even boyfriends!!), I always approached them or they approached me with "hey can we meet up sometime to talk? I have some things I wanted to talk about". and we don't attack each other. The friends I did have that approached me like this, are no longer my friends. I don't get why women can't step away from emotions for a second! I know I"m not perfect in my communication but I have the maturity to understand that if I'm PO'd, that its not a good time to approach a problem with anyone cause then I'll just be irrational! and I don't spew out irrelevant attacks on anyone when I'm upset..I don't even behave that way with my own mother and her and I don't get along at all! gaaah!
I am getting convinced that this whole FACEBOOK thing is nothing more than a huge troublemaker. Several things about FACEBOOK..first, like these postings on here, it is difficult to write out how you are feeling unless you are a talented author and often times things get misunderstood, thus the reason this person kept bashing you over and over on FACEBOOK. It has become the cowards way out towards solving problems. This person who was bashing you evidently has not got the courage to talk to you in person so you were smart to back off and leave it alone. Suggestion: block her for a while on FACEBOOK, she will get the hint faster if she can't get on your page.

I suspect that this woman wanted to let you know that she felt she was 100% right and by answering her rants, you did play right into the whole episode. Block her and move on. OH...and FACEBOOK...be careful what you say on there. Not as private nor secure as you think.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 AM

5,392 posts, read 4,576,896 times
You have some extremely interesting friends. Problematic, but interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships