Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I have had a best girlfriend since 2005. We met up in the Pacific Northwest at the same company. I had been going through a wicked divorce and she helped me get out of a funk. Since then, we have always been close.

In early 2009, I moved to San Diego, it happened to be where she lived before she moved to the PNW. We stayed in contact after I moved. We talk on the phone at least once a week. She was about to get married and I was going to help her plan the wedding (down in San Diego), be a bridesmaid, etc. She and her fiance went through a rocky relationship for two years before they called it quits. When I visit up there to see my mother, I always make it a point to see her. She confides in me about many things she feels uncomfortable telling others and vice versa.

She is 33 and I am 42 but that has never really been an issue and in fact, she comes to me for advice.

Long story short, she told me she was coming down a couple of weeks ago to visit for Memorial Day weekend with a couple of girlfriends. She has another close friend that lives in the same city I do (in the northern part of the county) about a 25 min drive from San Diego where she is staying... She told me she would call when she was up in my area (at the same time she would see her other friend). Well, tonight, she was "tagged" in a picture in Facebook literally up the street from my house at a bar with a bunch of girls, including her other friend she wanted to see that lives near me.

Given she came to my town tonight, is hanging out with all the girls and didn't text or call, should I confront her? Wait until she calls me? She leaves on Monday (she flew in Friday), should I wait it out?

I'm very hurt. Would would you do?
It's possible that time just got away from her and she might've meant to call you and just didn't get around to it. You could always post something on the picture like "Interesting". I'd advise you to ask her instead. Are you and the other friend she met from the area friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 09:48 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,040 times

Last edited by Peacelilies; 05-27-2012 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: Duplicate

Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,040 times
Quote:
Thanks Pure,

I would like to think that's true and it seems like she has always treated me that way but there was no reason why she couldn't ask me to join the group.

Either way, I posted on her picture and said "What a shame, I am only up the street, hope you are having a good time"

She texted me with

Shoot girl,

"ended up coming to my best friend's house and drank three bottles of beer before we went out, totally forgot to text you. Sorry...""

I haven't responded. Especially since she still doesn't want to meet up. I don't see how you "forget" about somebody. She probably wouldn't have texted at all but because I made a statement on FB, she felt bad.

How do you forget about someone???? Really?

I guess that old saying applies "never make someone a priority that only makes you an option"

Just wanted to point out the bolded. She has a best friend. You are not it. If I were you, I wouldn't consider her a best friend, maybe good friend, but not best and her actions underscore my point.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 PM

299 posts, read 1,131,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Just wanted to point out the bolded. She has a best friend. You are not it. If I were you, I wouldn't consider her a best friend, maybe good friend, but not best and her actions underscore my point.
I totally agree with this statement. I was thinking about it today. Time to reconsider my friendship with her. I over estimated it for sure.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It's possible that time just got away from her and she might've meant to call you and just didn't get around to it. You could always post something on the picture like "Interesting". I'd advise you to ask her instead. Are you and the other friend she met from the area friends?
No we are not friends but I did meet her once. I already posted on the picture. I said " what a shame, you were literally up the street from me. Hope you are having a good time."

Old 05-27-2012, 10:35 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
No we are not friends but I did meet her once. I already posted on the picture. I said " what a shame, you were literally up the street from me. Hope you are having a good time."

Sorry, but that sounds really juvenile. She clearly knows the area and where you live. So she knows she was up the street.

That's the problem with sites like FB, I think people start acting like teenagers.

Like I said, I would have just called her on her cell phone and even if you got VM could have asked her if you were going to get together as here in your area was coming to a close.

I understand how your feelings are hurt, but now you have created a somewhat hostile environment which will put her on the defense.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,189 times
This friend she was visiting up the block from you.....do you know this friend since she's up the block and is your neighbor?

If so do you get along with this person? Maybe that person didn't want your visiting friend to have you around and wanted to have some fun time without out you. You didn't say her (visiting friend) friends from up the block were your friends too.

Oops sorry Deja Vu I just re-read your post.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Sorry, but that sounds really juvenile. She clearly knows the area and where you live. So she knows she was up the street.

That's the problem with sites like FB, I think people start acting like teenagers.

Like I said, I would have just called her on her cell phone and even if you got VM could have asked her if you were going to get together as here in your area was coming to a close.

I understand how your feelings are hurt, but now you have created a somewhat hostile environment which will put her on the defense.
No hostile environment. She texted this morning and said she had 3 beers and forgot to call me. I didn't respond because honestly, I didn't even know what to say to that.

Now that I think about it, I probably over valued the relationship on my end. Live and learn.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:50 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,418 times
Quote:
No hostile environment. She texted this morning and said she had 3 beers and forgot to call me. I didn't respond because honestly, I didn't even know what to say to that.

Now that I think about it, I probably over valued the relationship on my end. Live and learn.
Not calling you as she throws a few back does not constitute redefining your friendship. Did she drive to this establishment, could she have been wasted to the point where she had no clue she was down the block, or she felt imposing on your family life.

Does not sound worthy of downgrading your friendship.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 AM

Yes, she drove about 20 min to this bar to see her friend that lived near by me. She wasn't imposing as she told me she would ring me up when she was in my area. We talked about it a couple of days before she flew down. It's been four days now she has been here and she has been partying with her friends every night that she flew down with... clearly, if she wanted to see me she would have made an effort, especially now that she knows she screwed up last night. I'm not on the agenda and at this point, I'm actually getting over it. Why waste my energy on someone that doesn't *think* about me?

But thinking back, I have always considered her a best friend and she doesn't feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships