Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women have it easier in life than men?
YES 29 33.33%
Both are equal 14 16.09%
NO 44 50.57%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 AM

360 posts, read 982,255 times

Advertisements

It just seems to me that many or rather, most aspects of life are twisted in favour of women.

From what i observed, an exceptionally good-looking guy would not seem to get the same level of attention from others as a pretty girl.

And though homosexuality is still frowned upon in some countries and American states, it seems okay for lesbians to display their affection for each other in public but not for gays.

And of course, the list goes on....

So what's your take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
No...no...no...no. Definitely not. The only sex crimes men have to worry about are occasionally from gay men...and that's extroardinarily rare comparatively...and it's usually only offensive rather than actually being a danger. I love being a guy (even a short, skinny guy) and being able to walk through dark, urban areas late at night without a care in the world, so long as I'm not carrying cash. I go jogging after midnight sometimes too. It's perfectly safe. I would have a heart attack if my sister did that.

Well...regarding lesbians displaying affection, stop complaining about that, or you'll ruin it for the rest of us.

Regarding sexual harassment though...all it takes is one schizophrenic, male-hating female loon, to ruin the lives of several innocent people. Unfortunately...if we don't go merely by someone's word...how would anyone be caught? Men have more rules we need to pay attention to, which can be a pain.

Socially...women definitely get more attention than men, for little to no useful input...even for the ones who are only moderatly good looking.

In serious relationships, there are lots of verbally and physically abusive men, but then there are lots of women who eat through money like popcorn buying useless trinkets, and while there are probably not nearly so many physically abusive women as physically abusive men, there are a few verbally abusive female partners.

There are probably lots of career-related difficulties women have that men don't. I don't know what they are.

Also, we can urinate standing up, don't have a time-limit for when we can have children, don't experience the birthing process, don't have menopause, and don't have periods every month. Yipee!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:39 AM

224 posts, read 946,683 times
I'm going to go all in and bet that you're a man. A straight one. Probably single/no kids. Possibly white. Age maybe 25-35. If I was playing with house money I'd add: lower to mid-middle class, works at a sub-management but post-entry level position, lives in an apartment complex or condo, drives a used Asian sedan but is yearning to buy something flashier.

This thread is for drawing vague assumptions out of the air, right?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I think a valid and convincing argument could be made in either direction. In lots of ways guys have it easier. In lots of ways women have it easier. I think it balances out honestly.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:12 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
The "easiness" scale tilts in favor of women. With feminism, they've gotten to retain all of the chivalry from the Eisenhower era with the added perks of the Gloria Steinem era.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
It just seems to me that many or rather, most aspects of life are twisted in favour of women.

From what i observed, an exceptionally good-looking guy would not seem to get the same level of attention from others as a pretty girl.

And though homosexuality is still frowned upon in some countries and American states, it seems okay for lesbians to display their affection for each other in public but not for gays.

So what's your take?
I disagree completely.....an exceptionally good looking guy most certainly would get a high level of attention...too much in my opinion.......I think some people will frown on any gay persons (female or male) displaying effection in public....I don't particularly find it appealing when a couple (man and woman) are all over each other in public either.....woman are more than not the ones who are abandoned and left to raise the children alone...and then if she needs a job to support her family...she has to find some kind of childcare that she can trust......where I live...no matter how many years a woman has been teller at a bank...there's a young man being trained for manager(never saw him at the tills) wonder why that is???...just a few more to go with the others....

Old 06-11-2012, 03:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
It is easier for woman when they are younger- It is still a youth orientated society and woman are still valued when they are vital...when they get older life becomes more difficult and protection and privilege grow less. Men have it harder when they are young- but it is easier for them when they are older...It might be that old men are more respected than little old ladies..A man can fake being strong as they age. A woman who is older especially a single old woman who is alone through divorce or widowhood - have trouble hiding their fear and apprehension.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post

So what's your take?
My take? Most men cry over a stubbed toe. Try childbirth and ask again.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,258 times
[quote=Oleg Bach;24698927]It is easier for woman when they are younger- It is still a youth orientated society and woman are still valued when they are vital...when they get older life becomes more difficult and protection and privilege grow less. Men have it harder when they are young- but it is easier for them when they are older...It might be that old men are more respected than little old ladies..A man can fake being strong as they age. A woman who is older especially a single old woman who is alone through divorce or widowhood - have trouble hiding their fear and apprehension.[/quot

I agree with all of this. And the fact is, if we are alone, we are probably not making the kind of money a man would, and many of us cannot afford to own homes. It's hard to feel financially secure.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I agree with all of this. And the fact is, if we are alone, we are probably not making the kind of money a man would, and many of us cannot afford to own homes. It's hard to feel financially secure.
I'll bet you dollars to donuts that, in many professional places with an unpublished wage scale, a married woman or even an unmarried woman, makes more than an unmarried man for the same job. There are plenty of articles on the web that attest to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships