Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,633,940 times

Advertisements

Yesterday my sister in law showed up at my house and acted like she lost her mind, so here's the story. I was sleeping on the couch, I had the flu and just got back from 5 days in ND. Someone was pounding on my door, not a regular knock but a constant pound, pound, pound. I ignored it for the first minute or so, I thought it was the mailman or a neighbor kid. I finally got up and went into my sons room, one of his windows overlooks the front door. It was my sister in law, my son was still sleeping but the pounding woke him up, I said "its Tracy", what does she want. I opened the window and before I could ask what she wanted, she yells, "what the hell is going on?" I said, what? she repeated it, screaming that she wanted to know where the hell her brother was and why doesn't he answer his phone and why isn't he calling her or his parents and is he ok and what have I done to him.
I tell her that I was sleeping on the couch I have the flu and I don't need to have her here asking me all these questions. Anyway these questions kept coming and she was getting more and more rude, then she throws out, I know you never liked my family but you could have at least called us. I said why would I call you, I never call you. She kept insinuating that "I did something" to her brother, I said what do you think, I killed him and buried him in the back yard? She went hysterical and started screaming get my brother on the phone now! She wanted to know where he was, I told her she knows where he is and so does his parents. We went to his parents house at the end of April and let them know he took a job in ND on the oil fields. There is no cell reception and he is gone a few weeks at a time. He was home last week for a few days, she called him and left a message saying his parents were trying to get a hold of him. He checked his call log and voice messages , found nothing from them and decided she was being dramatic. He chose not to call, he doesn't care much for her or her husband.
During this verbal assualt she said she called him, and I said, yes I know, she asked why he didn't call her back, I said he must have forgot. Then she screamed why didn't you call me back...again, why would I?? This went on for about 15 minutes, she was so rude bringing up things from the past. I finally said when he comes home around the 3rd I'll let him know you stopped by. Then I closed the window.
I was so upset by this, I was in shock all afternoon.
I sent her a text ...this was the text, except ( info in here) I was in shock how you showed up and verbally assualted me, my son was sitting right next to me the whole time and he was shocked. How dare you demand his work phone number, information about my kids or anything else. Do not EVER come back to this house again and you are no longer welcome here.
She replied, I never yelled at you and because you hurt my momS feelings, you deserve it. (sister in law is 48)
I replied, your mom was very hurtful when your brother adopted my kids (17 years ago) after we got married and you and your husband stole from my husband ( 19 years ago) I have kept many things that have bothered my husband about your family, to myself, for years. I did not read past the first two lines of your text and will not read anymore. Enough. I'm done.

I can not stand the thought of ever seeing this person again, do you think she was out of line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,237,606 times
She was out of line. You need to ignore her and stop texting. Don't yell out the window and give a show to your neighbors. Give your husband the message to call his parents and leave that up to him; he is an adult. Refuse to participate in these types of actions; the past is over. As far as telling her that she and her family are not welcome in your home any longer, you might want to run that by your husband since it is his family.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 PM

23,868 posts, read 32,134,743 times
She sounds insane and horrible. My husband's family did something similar.

We moved and tried to lose them. Seriously. We thought that they were interfering in out lives too much. They hated me from the beginning.

They offeren my DH a few thousand dollars to leave me.

They hired a Private Investigator to find us. When he came he said that he wanted to see my husband "alive" because the family thought I might have killed him. Ao I had to awaken him.

Life was so much better when they were out of our lives.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
She was out of line. You need to ignore her and stop texting. Don't yell out the window and give a show to your neighbors. Give your husband the message to call his parents and leave that up to him; he is an adult. Refuse to participate in these types of actions; the past is over. As far as telling her that she and her family are not welcome in your home any longer, you might want to run that by your husband since it is his family.
I never yelled, I asked what the f was her problem in a quiet voice, I was sick, I stopped texting after I replied to one, Then I said enough. She has sent 4 more texts, I deleted them before reading.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
She sounds insane and horrible. My husband's family did something similar.

We moved and tried to lose them. Seriously. We thought that they were interfering in out lives too much. They hated me from the beginning.

They offeren my DH a few thousand dollars to leave me.

They hired a Private Investigator to find us. When he came he said that he wanted to see my husband "alive" because the family thought I might have killed him. Ao I had to awaken him.

Life was so much better when they were out of our lives.
His family never liked me either, I was a widow with 3 kids when he married me and adopted my kids, they hated the thought that their son would marry someone with kids. I thought we had all gotten along somewhat well over the past 5 years or so. My husband and I have a 13, 10 and 6 year old together, so I expect someone to do some apologizing before they can see the kids.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,028,513 times
I was with you until your last sentence. Do NOT put those children in the middle. You will rue that action. It will come back and bite you in the butt and put distance between you and your children. Do not deprive them of the opportunity to see their grandparents, regardless how you feel they have treated you. Now, the only exception would be if they abuse your children in some way - harassing them about your behavior would be one way.

Just let the drama go - pretend you are a duck and their words are water. But do not put the children in the middle.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,518,223 times
^^Definatley this. There is nothing worse than parents using their children as pawns. Your children deserve a relationship with their Grandparents. The Sister-in-Law on the other hand deserves nothing, IMO.

Last edited by lauramc27; 06-21-2012 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: fix spelling issue

Old 06-21-2012, 08:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,699,992 times
How old is she? Is she going through menopause? Sometimes an imbalance in hormones can cause a bit of craziness. Thank goodness for hormones

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Yesterday my sister in law showed up at my house and acted like she lost her mind, so here's the story. I was sleeping on the couch, I had the flu and just got back from 5 days in ND. Someone was pounding on my door, not a regular knock but a constant pound, pound, pound. I ignored it for the first minute or so, I thought it was the mailman or a neighbor kid. I finally got up and went into my sons room, one of his windows overlooks the front door. It was my sister in law, my son was still sleeping but the pounding woke him up, I said "its Tracy", what does she want. I opened the window and before I could ask what she wanted, she yells, "what the hell is going on?" I said, what? she repeated it, screaming that she wanted to know where the hell her brother was and why doesn't he answer his phone and why isn't he calling her or his parents and is he ok and what have I done to him.
I tell her that I was sleeping on the couch I have the flu and I don't need to have her here asking me all these questions. Anyway these questions kept coming and she was getting more and more rude, then she throws out, I know you never liked my family but you could have at least called us. I said why would I call you, I never call you. She kept insinuating that "I did something" to her brother, I said what do you think, I killed him and buried him in the back yard? She went hysterical and started screaming get my brother on the phone now! She wanted to know where he was, I told her she knows where he is and so does his parents. We went to his parents house at the end of April and let them know he took a job in ND on the oil fields. There is no cell reception and he is gone a few weeks at a time. He was home last week for a few days, she called him and left a message saying his parents were trying to get a hold of him. He checked his call log and voice messages , found nothing from them and decided she was being dramatic. He chose not to call, he doesn't care much for her or her husband.
During this verbal assualt she said she called him, and I said, yes I know, she asked why he didn't call her back, I said he must have forgot. Then she screamed why didn't you call me back...again, why would I?? This went on for about 15 minutes, she was so rude bringing up things from the past. I finally said when he comes home around the 3rd I'll let him know you stopped by. Then I closed the window.
I was so upset by this, I was in shock all afternoon.
I sent her a text ...this was the text, except ( info in here) I was in shock how you showed up and verbally assualted me, my son was sitting right next to me the whole time and he was shocked. How dare you demand his work phone number, information about my kids or anything else. Do not EVER come back to this house again and you are no longer welcome here.
She replied, I never yelled at you and because you hurt my momS feelings, you deserve it. (sister in law is 48)
I replied, your mom was very hurtful when your brother adopted my kids (17 years ago) after we got married and you and your husband stole from my husband ( 19 years ago) I have kept many things that have bothered my husband about your family, to myself, for years. I did not read past the first two lines of your text and will not read anymore. Enough. I'm done.

I can not stand the thought of ever seeing this person again, do you think she was out of line.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramc27 View Post
^^Definatley this. There is nothing worse than parents using their children as pawns. Your children deserve a relationship with their Grandparents. The Sister-in-Law on the other hand deserves nothing, IMO.
I only ment the sisiter in law, not the grandparents, I have been getting along with them pretty good. But, I know the sister in law who is best buds with her mom, has twisted this situation into looking like I did something wrong, and once again, I will be the "bad guy".

Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM

To even suggest that I harmed her brother is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships