Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 AM

314 posts, read 624,470 times

Advertisements

Not only is there no romance; there isn't any high standard relationship going on either.

These people eventually marry into superficial and suffocating marriages. They divorce within 4 years. I've seen it happen all the time. Plus look at the divorce rate. That should be a huge obvious clue as to where romance and relationships are headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
As far as romance goes I like it once I am dating someone. But all my female friends have been non-romantic and just go for a fling every once in awhile it seems as everyone seems to have lost their trust in others and refuses to get into real relationships. They just use each other for sex whenever the urge arises and they can't stand being celibate any longer. My own experience with dating was no matter who I dated I was never good looking enough, never made enough money or had a prestigious job though I did have a good job so I was never good enough and nobody wanted to be romantic and even kiss or be snuggly its all quick sex is all anyone male or female wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 PM

4,166 posts, read 6,299,579 times
Wembley...The term "pretty lady" seems pretty common out here. (In AZ and in Nevada and in the adjoining CA desert city areas.)...Every now and then my husband and son encountered older "motherly" (or "grandmotherly") type of women who called them "honey." (In stores or restaurants etc.) It never bothered them. It seemed "sweet."...If an older "motherly" type of woman calls me "honey" it doesn't usually bother me either unless it's "framed" as a "put-down." How about you?...Most of the time my Mom was a pretty "tough" woman. But every so often she let herself get a little "softer" and called me "darlin' dear" in a cute and sweet way. This was nice!...Come to think of it she called me "sweetie pie" at times too. I loved it when she let her "guard down" versus acting "tough" and "macho" all the time!...I probably have a lot of my Mother "inside" of me. I don't use terms of endearment all the time. But when I do they come straight from my heart!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships