Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 AM

525 posts, read 1,550,204 times

Advertisements

talking to a friend via txt msg.

her: she texted me talking about her doct appt.
me: wishing her that everything goes well, then briefly talking 'bout my plans, then telling her to have a good vacation (She told me in another conversation that she was taking a vacation) Then telling her "u deserve it"

I haven't heard anything from her since. maybe I rambled on too much in 1 txt msg. I hope she didn't take it the wrong way when I told her u deserve it after saying hope you have a good vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,868,160 times
Not from what you've described. She probably can't reply for some reason or another.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,693,231 times
Yeah, without reading it verbatim, it's hard to tell if you did anything offensive.

But you're probably reading way too much into her silence. Are you concerned that she thought you meant she "deserved" something else? If someone said that to you, would you take it the wrong way?

If you meant no harm, just go one with your life and check in with her after her vacation is over.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:12 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,485,603 times
Maybe she decided to take a vacation from you also .

Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, without reading it verbatim, it's hard to tell if you did anything offensive.

But you're probably reading way too much into her silence. Are you concerned that she thought you meant she "deserved" something else? If someone said that to you, would you take it the wrong way?

If you meant no harm, just go one with your life and check in with her after her vacation is over.
no, i wouldn't take it the wrong way and meant no harm in what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Maybe she decided to take a vacation from you also .
probably

Old 06-30-2012, 08:33 AM

37,478 posts, read 45,740,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post

me: wishing her that everything goes well, then briefly talking 'bout my plans, then telling her to have a good vacation (She told me in another conversation that she was taking a vacation) Then telling her "u deserve it"

I haven't heard anything from her since. maybe I rambled on too much in 1 txt msg. I hope she didn't take it the wrong way when I told her u deserve it after saying hope you have a good vacation.
Text messaging is no replacement for a conversation. Don't you know how to TALK on the phone? Call her. Yeesh. Why do people do send texts, and then get all bent out of shape when the other person either takes it wrong, or doesn't reply?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:36 AM

51,956 posts, read 52,393,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Text messaging is no replacement for a conversation. Don't you know how to TALK on the phone? Call her. Yeesh. Why do people do send texts, and then get all bent out of shape when the other person either takes it wrong, or doesn't reply?
Yeah... people drone on and on way too much via text messages. I use them for quickie messages... things like, "running late", "In meeting, will call l8tr" things of that nature.

They should be just for quick messages, in my opinion, not to discuss post-modern views on the merits of feminism.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:53 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,056,555 times
oh no, I'm out of touch! How ever did I miss the post-modern era?!

Old 06-30-2012, 03:18 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,220,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post

Don't worry KatieCountrycm...if anything you complimented her...relax

Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Don't worry KatieCountrycm...if anything you complimented her...relax
i hope so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships