U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 PM
 
3,703 posts, read 3,215,056 times
Reputation: 2150

Advertisements

I don't Facebook, because #1 it sucks the productivity out of me, and #2 I don't really care to reconnect with MOST people from 10 years ago in high school. However, my mother is a freaking facebook addict and if she is awake and not at work she is probably on facebook. But lately she has crossed a major line because she has started looking up people from MY past. She is contacting my ex-gfs from like 12 years ago, telling them all about my life, and showing them pictures of me. She even gave one girl my address so she could send me a gift! So when I lose it she's like oh grow up. I'm about to friggin snap

How would you deal with this *****?

 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Reputation: 39856
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I don't Facebook, because #1 it sucks the productivity out of me, and #2 I don't really care to reconnect with MOST people from 10 years ago in high school. However, my mother is a freaking facebook addict and if she is awake and not at work she is probably on facebook. But lately she has crossed a major line because she has started looking up people from MY past. She is contacting my ex-gfs from like 12 years ago, telling them all about my life, and showing them pictures of me. She even gave one girl my address so she could send me a gift! So when I lose it she's like oh grow up. I'm about to friggin snap

How would you deal with this *****?
Have a serious conversation with Mom and tell her you feel she needs to respect your boundaries and wishes to stop sharing your personal with anyone. Be firm.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,890 posts, read 13,550,490 times
Reputation: 15338
lolz
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
 
5,483 posts, read 6,376,859 times
Reputation: 5793
why do you know so much about your moms fb habbits? do you live together?
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
 
Location: The Present
2,016 posts, read 3,697,998 times
Reputation: 1953
I've had a similar experience, you either have to be very firm or cut off contact with her for awhile even if she is your mom.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 PM
 
3,703 posts, read 3,215,056 times
Reputation: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
why do you know so much about your moms fb habbits? do you live together?
No, we don't live together. I know because she constantly talks about facebook, and the other day she is like check out this picture, and I look and it's my effin ex-gf from high school.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 PM
 
629 posts, read 1,099,671 times
Reputation: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
No, we don't live together. I know because she constantly talks about facebook, and the other day she is like check out this picture, and I look and it's my effin ex-gf from high school.
You're screwed man. She obviously has no respect for you if she won't listen to you. Nothing you say can change that unless you do something major to make her listen. She sees a child who won't be taken seriously. Changing that will be hard.
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
 
775 posts, read 993,544 times
Reputation: 1444
I agree with Kagami. A simple conversation, like LM suggested isn't going to do anything because she clearly doesn't give a what you think. Honestly, I'd flip out (which I don't recommend) and then cut all ties with her (which I do) until she gets the message.

Last edited by luckynumber4; 07-14-2012 at 01:14 PM..
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Reputation: 39856
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
I agree with Kagami. A simple conversation, like LM suggested isn't going to do anything because she clearly doesn't give a what you think. Honestly, I'd flip out (which I don't recommend) and then cut all ties with her (which I do) until she get's the message.
He needs to give her a chance to understand how serious he is about this before he just "cuts all ties" - good grief.

Are relationships so disposable to you people?
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,009 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Reputation: 66355
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I don't Facebook, because #1 it sucks the productivity out of me, and #2 I don't really care to reconnect with MOST people from 10 years ago in high school. However, my mother is a freaking facebook addict and if she is awake and not at work she is probably on facebook. But lately she has crossed a major line because she has started looking up people from MY past. She is contacting my ex-gfs from like 12 years ago, telling them all about my life, and showing them pictures of me. She even gave one girl my address so she could send me a gift! So when I lose it she's like oh grow up. I'm about to friggin snap

How would you deal with this *****?
Wow. There was a guy a few towns away from me who killed his mother because she tried to make him do his homework. He hid her under a pile of clothes in his bedroom and put his TV on top of the clothes, but the cops found her body and arrested him. So, I wouldn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top