Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 03:56 PM

250 posts, read 382,014 times

Advertisements

I have a few friends who do that and it is very personal stuff too. I don't understand it, most of the time I think its just for shock factor,I have a friend who will post everything bad that goes on in her family and name names and trash her mom on facebook and I think if you do like your mom why post about I mean your 25 GROW UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,918,566 times
Most people who have friends like this on FB, will shrug it off as entertainment. If this person actually is a real friend, I would call them on it: confront them. Let them know how stupid, silly, embarrassing it is. Offer to lend an ear if they want to vent. If it's not on that level for you, then ignore them and unsubscribe from their feed (you can do that & their status won't show up on your general news feed). If all else fails- delete.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,958,737 times
You know this is comical and we only use facebook to get in touch with family or get recent photos of the kids and grandkids . That is all we use it for . I think ppl that air their dirty laundry on facebook will eventually get caught up in it . I heard someone say that someone had called cps on them for saying they had a beer while watching the kids and do you know some called cps on them . Come to find out they did not even have kids LOL !!! too funny . they waisted some ppls time and energy . Bunch of jerks check it out next time before you call authorities and waste their time .

Old 07-30-2012, 03:42 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,839,953 times
I'm thinking of blocking this girl. Last week she posted about taking family pictures(which included her preschooler, her 11 month old and a new boyfriend) and being in love. How can you take family pictures with a man you just started dating? Was it not 2 weeks ago where she was complaining about her "ex" cheating, having an STD, and stalking her. How could she move on that fast when she has children? SMH.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,400,033 times
The Unabomber was right...technology WILL be the death of society.

Right message, wrong delivery, IMO.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 AM

676 posts, read 1,256,686 times
Eh, I've been gulity about venting about family stuff, but I generally come to my senses and delete it within hours. And I'm getting better about not doing that at all. My mother is was emotionally, verbally and occasionally physically abusive to me when I was a kid, she continued the emotional and verbal abuse into adulthood. Even though I'm no longer in contact with her or my brother, they still try to start stuff with the rest of the family with lies about me. I'm realizing now, that the people who buy into this crap and play the game aren't worthy of my attention either, but for a long while, I felt the need to defend myself, which is where that came from. It took me a long time to realize it's better to just walk away.

I've seen part of a couple post their problems. When it comes to that, I think if you can't work it out privately between the 2 of you, it may be time to move on. A vent or 2 at the beginning of the breakup I could see. I do think the ones where they complain they're being stalked, yet the ex is still on the friends list and they posts on the ex's page are bizarre. If I thought someone was stalking me, first thing I would do is block them, unless they were being physically threatening/stalking in which case I'd go to the police. The on again/off again couples are the most tedious.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:33 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,641,910 times
I think way to many people post things like this on FB. It will come and haunt them in their life later. Especially when job hunting. Just crazy.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 PM

11,409 posts, read 7,726,965 times
Sharing too much is definately an issue, but so is sharing too little. I HATE the way some people post a "tease". I know someone who posted " I guess the bleeding will stop soon....". And later that week "Hope the police get here soon". WTH is the point of posts like those other than attention seeking?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,148,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Do you have any facebook friends like this?
No, but if I did, I would leave three little letters in their comments: "TMI."

And then I would hide their news stories from my feed.

However, you say this is just an acquaintance. I would not bother with that person anymore and just delete her, to be honest. Imagine what she'd write about you if you ever had a disagreement.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 AM

3,011 posts, read 6,281,877 times
Unfortunately, there are those people who constantly need both attention and an audience. Alas, Facebook to the rescue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships