Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:27 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,239,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
As far as I know no one has cut me out of their lives, I've basically cut them all out. It's not anything personal against them either. So keep that in mind the reason you think it happened to you might not be accurate.
Then why in the world would you cut them out if it's nothing personal?

See, I don't understand that - people leave and either they say nothing, or they say "it's not personal" - well, it IS. It is to ME. You leaving Joe Blow isn't personal, but yeah - when it happens to me and me alone, I tend to take it very personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
I don't know that it was because my behavior was toxic. It was more like they couldn't handle the fact that I dared to disagree with them about politics, religion, etc. and wouldn't sit there listening silently to their endless preaching.

I've also had friends who chose racist, sexist, bigoted morons over me--and then came back a few years later and said, "Gah! What was I thinking? You were right!"

And one time, I told a friend point-blank that she was acting like a tramp with being this one guy's hook-up for years on end, while he always had real girlfriends, lived with someone, etc. A mutual friend of ours got angry with me. Okay, maybe it was poor form to just blurt it out like that, but come on. This went on for YEARS and when the guy finally married someone else, the doormat was heard to say, "It wasn't supposed to happen like that. It was supposed to be me."

All I could think was, "Really?"

So I guess if people have cut contact with me, it's because they can't handle differing opinions or they can't handle the truth. Which is really not my problem, when you think of it.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:04 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Then why in the world would you cut them out if it's nothing personal?

See, I don't understand that - people leave and either they say nothing, or they say "it's not personal" - well, it IS. It is to ME. You leaving Joe Blow isn't personal, but yeah - when it happens to me and me alone, I tend to take it very personally.

.....I said it's not personal because it's not. I don't 'hate' or 'dislike' my former friends. I have all kinds of anxiety disorder and depression, Aspergers and NO desire to hold on to friendships with other people. They live totally different lives then I do and I saw no point in continuing on with their company and making everyone uncomfortable. They can find tons of other friends that they have things in common with and that live 'normal' lifestyles. I offered you a possible explanation which you didn't like -- so take it personally then, even though it may not be. *shrugs*

Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,765,638 times
Yea I'm prett sure I've been cut out of a good handful of people's lives. I just don't have time for everyone. I'd rather have quality over quantity. People come and go and that's fine. I'd rather have a group of keeper friends than mediocre convenient friends!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM

814 posts, read 2,038,492 times
Because I am so Awesome and they are not!! Psyche!! its usually me being a butt head!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,396,303 times
Default hmmm...

I had it happen to me 40 years ago by my closest of friends. It still breaks my heart when I think of it, which is quite often. She found Christ, I didn't (at that time). I was no longer friend material and it happened, literally, overnight. Even letters to her as recent as last year go unanswered.
Koale

Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,558,149 times
I and my partner were cut out by some friends and family when we experienced a long-term period of poverty due to unemployment and illness.

It's true, you really find out who cares when you fall on hard times.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,792,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
I had it happen to me 40 years ago by my closest of friends. It still breaks my heart when I think of it, which is quite often. She found Christ, I didn't (at that time). I was no longer friend material and it happened, literally, overnight. Even letters to her as recent as last year go unanswered.
Koale
Oh yeah... typical of those "born again Christians", isn't it? Such hypocrites.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM

4,488 posts, read 4,962,189 times
My husband.
He tells it like it is, and has an odd sense of humor.
I know I have been cut out by things he has said to them.
This is why I have more friends on my own than he has on his own.
Together we have about 3 couple friends.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,781,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Oh yeah... typical of those "born again Christians", isn't it? Such hypocrites.
By all means....FEEL FREE to stereotype an entire group based on the actions of *one* person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships