U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,177,020 times

Advertisements

The irony of this entire situation is that this is a quiet, charming, affluent village with virtually no crime. But we just found out last week, that the most wanted Indiana bank robber right now (nine bank robberies in a few different counties) lives with his new wife only three blocks from me.

If only he was as easy to find as BD, lol.

Just when I think I should make nice with new guy, I remember that the first time I met him he was drunk, the second time I saw him is was smoking pot, and the 3rd time I heard him he was puking his guts out.

If he tries his passive aggressive chit chat with me one more time; I'm ready to walk right up to him and softly tell him how it is.

I truly think he is a parasite that sees I have a nicer home than he does and probably has been shacking up with woman after woman his entire life. Would explain why his entire world fits into a laundry basket right now.

I'm ready....{flexes her Aunt Bea muscles....}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 09:37 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,259,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
The irony of this entire situation is that this is a quiet, charming, affluent village with virtually no crime. But we just found out last week, that the most wanted Indiana bank robber right now (nine bank robberies in a few different counties) lives with his new wife only three blocks from me.

If only he was as easy to find as BD, lol.

Just when I think I should make nice with new guy, I remember that the first time I met him he was drunk, the second time I saw him is was smoking pot, and the 3rd time I heard him he was puking his guts out.

If he tries his passive aggressive chit chat with me one more time; I'm ready to walk right up to him and softly tell him how it is.

I truly think he is a parasite that sees I have a nicer home than he does and probably has been shacking up with woman after woman his entire life. Would explain why his entire world fits into a laundry basket right now.

I'm ready....{flexes her Aunt Bea muscles....}
Mainstreet,

No, don't make nice with him. Ignore him, and don't try and softly tell him anything... If he tries his passive aggressive stuff, give him a dead evil stare.

I've lived around all kinds of nut cases in the city. I was at a friends apartment the other day, walking out to the alley, and one of the neighbors, a man I don't like, looked at me and said something like, "Hi, how are you doing today?" Well I don't like him and I want nothing to do with him so I kept walking. He threw his hands out and said, "OKAY?" But I know for sure, he won't try and talk to me again, which is the way I want it.

You can tell a lot by just watching someone's body language, the way they move, walk, how their shoulders hang. If someone makes me feel unsettled or makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, I ignore them like they are dead. The way I see it, if I'm out minding my own business, nobody has a right to intrude on me and demand I speak to them. I don't owe anybody a conversation...

I talk to people I like, and that's it. If I don't like them, I don't try to change them or bring out the nice in them, I just move on...

greenie

Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,772,448 times
Don't make nice with him and don't talk to him at all. Do you know his landlord? Can you ask him/her his name? And did he/she do a credit check or anything? Say he's giving you the creeps and since they just found the bank robber 3 blocks away (nervous laughter) you want to check this guy out a little.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Don't make nice with him and don't talk to him at all. Do you know his landlord? Can you ask him/her his name? And did he/she do a credit check or anything? Say he's giving you the creeps and since they just found the bank robber 3 blocks away (nervous laughter) you want to check this guy out a little.
Yes, we all rent from the same wonderful family. I know who he is. I really don't think he's going to try and speak to me. Our landlord is such a great person and the other 5 people who live in new guys building have been there for years and years and I don't even know their names and they don't know mine, because we have lives! lol....They are perfect neighbors, lol. I mean it!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM

20 posts, read 55,795 times
Default set up a decoy

set up another and videotape....

Old 11-11-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lido View Post
set up another and videotape....
That's funny; tonight I've been watching TV....and I heard a noise outfront...did the peek through the horizontal blinds, and I actually thought, I need to put a video camera on my car in case someone gets drunk tonight and decides to make the mean lady pay by punching her tires. Then I laughed and collapsed back down on the couch with my knitting, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships