U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,180,024 times

Advertisements

Police were next door a bit ago.....can you spell EVICTION? Pillow thief is also a pot head.

Oh happy day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:06 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,793,762 times
Congratulations! Keep your eye out for your pillow it they pile his stuff on the curb.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,777,345 times
Okay, you must tell us the rest of the story! Did he get thrown out? Arrested? Is your pillow back?

Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 PM

25,740 posts, read 25,321,291 times
Sorry...I answered the wrong post!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 PM

25,740 posts, read 25,321,291 times
Okay. Sorry about the above.

Regarding this thread...don't think I'm nuts, but, what if he thought you were interested in him? You said you've been watching the place like a hawk. What if he kept seeing you peeking over, and thought you might think he was cute or something, so he figured he'd come strike up a conversation?

That doesn't make it right or anything, you're doing the right thing in refusing to have anything to do with him, but that's the first thought that came to my mind...if the situation were reversed and I moved into some place and a guy kept peeking over in my direction, I'd wonder why he was doing it and one possibility would obviously be that he thought I was cute. So maybe that's why he approached. He might just be really, really bad at pickup lines, misunderstood your intentions in looking over at him and then was hideously embarrassed by your rough rebuff and blurted out that loud comment to cover that.

Again...I'm not saying you shouldn't be careful anyway, because you should. I'm just saying that there could be an explanation for at least some of the things he did; he might not be just a total psycho.

But yeah. Stay far, far away. Because bottom line...none of us here does actually know what this guy is up to and we can only offer up theories. You're doing the smart thing in protecting yourself and your daughter.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,080 times
Pride is a hard thing to deal with, I'd have to say let it go. He would never admit to it, keep the memories and I am sorry for your loss. He may be down on his luck with living there, but pride may be his only defense now, it will never work to get a confession, you could catch him with the thread pattern freshly pressed into his face and he will deny it. His gain is his loss, he just doesn't see it. I really like your sarcasm in the opening, it shows me you have a kind heart, does that surprise you.....

Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 AM

25,666 posts, read 24,275,440 times
"Love thy neighbour.....just dont get caught!"

Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,550,522 times
So there was Pot in the pillow...lol

Glad to hear your neighbor has moved on...........

Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM

8,204 posts, read 32,181,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
I don't really want to turn it around. I don't regret my reaction to him. Last night he talked to the back of my head like we were at a bar. I've been conned before...I have trust issues, plus I have a teenage daughter. If he so much as says boo to her, I'll have a talk with him. For years I worked late shift in a really bad part of Indianapolis....he's got the air and look of the men that used to approach me for money at 3 a.m. while I was putting gas in my car. He's going to get himself in trouble and I can tell it's not going to have anything to do with me. His room is maybe 15x15 and he's got a TV and an air mattress. Would you want a man like that borrowing a cup of sugar from your 16 year old while you're at work? Hopefully, I was just rude enough and he'll work his noxious charm on the other four women that live there.
I wasn't suggesting for you to befriend him, not at all, quite the opposite.

I was suggesting to keep him at a distance in an amicable way - just a wave hello as you're heading into your house.......have him think you're an ally rather than an enemy.

He sounds like exactly the kind of guy who will not take rejection from a woman well and I think you can draw more attention from him by rejecting him instead of just being cool with him.

But that's just my approach - I don't get ugly with these types until I have too.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,180,024 times
I'll know more about his status when I get home from work today. Last night was really tense. Imagine Main Street USA...small town....vintage homes close together, kids playing along the entire block.

A boyscout and his father are going door to door selling popcorn and pillow guy is out on his stoop smoking a joint...I was turning off lights...running around the house looking for the right window to watch from, lol...had a headset on giving my friend a play by play when the police showed up.

This is a very affluent town for the most part and this guy (from out of town) obvious didn't know "exactly" where he had moved to.

I talked to the landlord last night and asked him "if this happens again, should I call you?" and he said..."This isn't going to happen again."

They have a dumpster behind the house that they use of refuge. I'll be checking it tonight for my pillow...just in case...I expect he'll be out of there tonight.

Just in case he isn't, I've invited another law enforcement friend to come over for movies and pizza, just in case things get dicey.

Did I not predict in an earlier post that he looked like he would get into trouble without me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships