Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times

Advertisements

define "crazy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,773,001 times
Yeah I used to date crazy. I have been down that road. Trust me ... I know crazy. Crazy tried to kill me. Crazy is passionate. Crazy is addictive. Crazy is good in bed. Yeah you don't know what crazy is all about until you've actually had crazy and lived to tell the story.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
define "crazy"
This is an excellent point.

I found out that my ex told a mutual friend of ours that I was 'crazy and clingy' because I brought him some cookies at lunch as a congratulations for getting a promotion. This was after nearly 3 years together and 2 years living together... yes, I was 'crazy' for wanting to do something nice for my boyfriend, my bad.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,437,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I guess you don't date many women then.
Funny, but true.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:51 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,094,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
My friend during a conversation with another person about a crazy girl stated: "You can't reason with a crazy person." It's no point trying to rationalize why a crazy person/mentally ill acts crazy. Do you agree or disagree?

For me, I would rather avoid any person with mental health issues like BPD, bipolar, anxiety, depression, etc. If you choose a partner with one of those issues, you are including more unnecessary stress into your life. That's why its better to run as fast as you can as soon as you see those issues.
You are totally correct.

For example, I would never try to reason with someone who characterizes all people with the above disorders as "crazy," because that characterization is crazy.

(Not to mention ill-informed and woefully uneducated)

Old 09-19-2012, 02:43 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,500,332 times
"Crazy" is subjective and individualized. Some people called crazy are merely eccentric and a lot of fun to be with. I've been with bat-**** crazy and won't ever do it again. Too many nights of staying awake all night because she was threatening to hurt herself, too many nights of locking the knives up or stopping her from hitting her head against the wall or listening to her saying she wants to die. Been there done that, you can't reason with that and I won't ever be there again.

OH!! Edited to say that I recently found out what I always thought, what I was told was an accidental overdose on pain meds brought on by improper first-pass metabolism due to chronic neuromuscular disease, was actually a suicide attempt.

Yeah...I've been a passenger on the crazy train, never again.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,094,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
"Crazy" is subjective and individualized. Some people called crazy are merely eccentric and a lot of fun to be with. I've been with bat-**** crazy and won't ever do it again. Too many nights of staying awake all night because she was threatening to hurt herself, too many nights of locking the knives up or stopping her from hitting her head against the wall or listening to her saying she wants to die. Been there done that, you can't reason with that and I won't ever be there again.

OH!! Edited to say that I recently found out what I always thought, what I was told was an accidental overdose on pain meds brought on by improper first-pass metabolism due to chronic neuromuscular disease, was actually a suicide attempt.

Yeah...I've been a passenger on the crazy train, never again.
That's true, but not everyone with bi-polar, depression, etc. exhibits those types of behaviors and those disorders can be managed with medication and therapy.

Not that I really care. The OP doesn't have to date anyone he doesn't want to. It just shows a lack of information when he characterizes people in that way.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 AM

11,379 posts, read 24,385,676 times
If crazy is irrational and unpredictable in a bad way, or exhibits unacceptable behavior on a regular basis; yeah, I'd say stay away.

If they have some sort of treatable manageable mental illness, then proceed with caution.

Unfortunately, both "craziness" and legitimate mental illness are usually not that apparent when you first start dating. No one is free of quirks, but dealing with an unstable personality is a huge investment for any partner in life. Just be aware.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:53 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,042,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I have mental health issues and couldn't care less what men think about them, which is not very much by the number of times they like to make threads about this topic ..... They can sit on their thrones (in the bathroom) and think they are free of any troubles. Ironically most of the ones that talk about these types, are no damn good themselves. good luck to the rest of these women out there in dealing with them and their massive egos. You're going to need it, that's for sure.
You don't say......

Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 AM

934 posts, read 1,934,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
My friend during a conversation with another person about a crazy girl stated: "You can't reason with a crazy person." It's no point trying to rationalize why a crazy person/mentally ill acts crazy. Do you agree or disagree?

Well, if this rule was followed, this forum would have to shut down for lack of activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships