Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
I don't know if that's just teasing or if you really think I'm a girl when you say "girl drama", but I'm a guy btw. And yes, I have read the advice here and done what was said. I have ignored all his calls.

For the part I bolded, do you mean interacting with him at the short-fim festival? I can't control him being there, but it's also not fair that I can't have a social life without being cautious about him. I'm trying to be more sociable and go out more and get away from my shy, quiet self. Maybe when we see each other then I can just ignore him or just say hi (if he's really sorry or something) and that's that.

And I have such trouble getting away from this drama because something about him always comes up. It's not something to "think deep inside" about.
Yes, it appears to be good natured, friendly teasing.

Just go to the film festival. Do whatever seems right, ignore him if he ignores you, say "Hi" and listen to him apologize if he approaches you and starts to talk. Maybe, he is really sorry that he was such a jerk to you.
Don't avoid fun activities just because he will be there or might be there. If you do that "he wins".

Have fun this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM

844 posts, read 2,020,149 times
Yes, I know you are male. My point was that I usually only see kind of drama and over-thinking of specific actions and situations among girls - of which I am one. I also went back and read your other posts.

As far as thinking deeply about the part you play, generally, if you or anyone tends to have issues that re-occur over and over, such as your issues with socializing and making friends, it is a good idea to reach out to a professional for an objective viewpoint. They can often see patterns in our thinking or approaches that we don't even realize we have. They can also help us see things from another perspective. I think you get caught up in the minutia of each interaction with this person and fail to see the overall picture - from my perspective he doesn't like you and thinks it is funny to lead you on and make you look silly.

When I said you shouldn't even consider interacting with him again, I was referring to when you asked if everything he did was apology-worthy. That is not even the point - this person has shown you over and over again that he is not sincere. So if he "apologized" it would not matter. He either wouldn't mean it or would behave the same way in the future. The fact that you haven't realized that after all this time and consideration is something to take up with a professional therapist - and not at a one time only session.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships