U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:05 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,858,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
thanks for posting everyone.
well, tbh she was more interested in 'chatting' only when I was getting divorced, so, the type of person who feeds off negativity.

Anyway, Ive moved so , other than messages on fakebook from her, its not an issue. Its funny how fakebook has people messaging you when you're not on there for a year. I hear there's like 5 million fake accts on facebook also.

In the suburbs it helps to be civil, but I will never understand people who think they need to know every single story of every person on the block. This woman knew about everything, but perhaps its bcs she lived in the same place for over 30 years.

I am sorry to hear you got divorced, that is always a tough road to walk, been there myself. As far as facebook goes, I found deactivating my account after I had not logged on for over one year was the best thing for me. I did not miss any of it ever. I do miss some of the family things posted however, eventually I get caught up when someone calls or I call them and we get updated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 10:26 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,949,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Anyone have examples?

For some reason even if you are in a suburb, some neighbors tend to be be nosy or appear just when you are home from work, or getting the mail in your mailbox.

Has anyone had an issue like this and what do you do to just point it out.
In the suburbs where my mailbox is a walk down the driveway, I find it happens alot more than in the city, where everyone kind of just goes about their business and doesnt come running over to talk.

Idle small talk-
So glad I'd found your thread! allow me to rant!

My neighbor, I'll call her Mrs. Kravitz to protect her true identity,
I have a slumlord, okay, he doesn't do any maintenance unless something becomes unserviceable, in fact, he won't have the snow plowed in winter months, and won't mow the weeds until they're knee deep.

Yesterday, I called a fellow on Craigslist who advertised mowing and trimming {cheap}
I asked him to mow and trim our front, side and back yard, he came over, did it, and I paid him 30 bucks for doing a very good job.

Minutes later, the maintenance guy for the slumlord came over to Mrs. Kravitz's apartment, and since I have eavesdropping wireless cameras, I heard the conversation and watched the video. She complained we had our grass cut but hers wasn't.

Mrs. Kravitz is also a busy-body. My spouse and I returned from the store, and Mrs. Kravitz was talking to our next door neighbor about us, and as soon as we got out of our vehicle, she beat feet back to her apartment. My video/audio recorder is 24/7, and I could only pick up bits and pieces of her conversation with our neighbor, but it had something to do with me complaining about my neighbor's loud music.

I can't wait to move out west to wide open spaces, and less people!
I'd rep you for this thread, but I have to pass the love around some more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships