U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM

35,162 posts, read 32,136,802 times

Advertisements

So my afternoon yesterday gets blown out of the water by two bickering neighbors who almost went to blows.Pretty much dragging the whole hood into it. One is a good friend the other a so-so friend that I've ridden bikes with and hung out occasionally. Well, the two clowns keep going back and forth about what work has been done on each one's property. Bottom line is both have unpermitted work done on their place yet one guy even moved the property line! How best to unravel this? I've already put them both on blast to leave me out of it. How would a restraining order work? I want them to stop before someone gets the @#$% beat out of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,801,772 times
Call the cops next time they go at it?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM

13,677 posts, read 13,583,473 times
Stay out of it until they come to blows. Then throw a bucket of water over them or spray them with the hose. Then call the cops. They're grown-ups. If they want to act like children, let them deal with the consequences. But DON'T get in the middle.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,147,825 times
Why do you feel you have to be engaged in this at all? Why would you call the cops? Isn't it up to THEM to decide if either feels they should file a complaint?

If either (or both) of them try to engage you in the matter, you need to simply say - "This is not my conflict and I am not interested in being dragged into it. I don't have anything I can add to the process, anyway. Not my battle."

Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM

12,887 posts, read 15,424,246 times
Forget the restraining order, they're not made because you can't stand watching and listening to your neighbours bicker...just stay out of it, it's not up to you to unravel it,...they couldn't drag anyone else into it if these people also stayed away....I wouldn't call the cops unless you desire to see one or the other of your neighbors possibly tasered to death.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM

16,018 posts, read 19,670,751 times
I'm curious...How did you even know they were bickering? Were they at your home? I would hide in the house til it blows over...sometimes a person can get dragged into a conflict just be being visible....The whole neighborhood??? How does this happen....was there a get together?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Stay out of it until they come to blows. Then throw a bucket of water over them or spray them with the hose. Then call the cops. They're grown-ups. If they want to act like children, let them deal with the consequences. But DON'T get in the middle.
No plans on it for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Why do you feel you have to be engaged in this at all? Why would you call the cops? Isn't it up to THEM to decide if either feels they should file a complaint?
If either (or both) of them try to engage you in the matter, you need to simply say - "This is not my conflict and I am not interested in being dragged into it. I don't have anything I can add to the process, anyway. Not my battle."
Pretty much what I told all of them. My kid was at my buddies place when it started. His wife called me then the other's wife showed up at my door around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I'm curious...How did you even know they were bickering? Were they at your home? I would hide in the house til it blows over...sometimes a person can get dragged into a conflict just be being visible....The whole neighborhood??? How does this happen....was there a get together?
My phone blew up plus my and my buddies kid blew into the house stating they were going to fight. I made the kids stay at my house until this blew over. I think this is just getting started. I still have to face the one woman's husband who I share a fence with and feel like I need to patch something up that never actually happened.

I think a restraining order is an option for my friend who keeps getting confronted by his next door neighbor over every petty reason possible.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 PM

676 posts, read 1,052,627 times
If you want to suggest mediation services, maybe something like this?
NCRC Community Services

Otherwise, I'd stay out of it.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscapegoat View Post
If you want to suggest mediation services, maybe something like this?
NCRC Community Services

Otherwise, I'd stay out of it.
Didn't even know that existed, that's a great site thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships