U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 AM

22,388 posts, read 27,609,897 times

Advertisements

Buy a huge (20,000+ square feet) mansion with an indoor game room/arcade, Halloween room, gym, basketball court, bowling alley, swimming pool, etc. Plenty of garage parking for limousine and classic muscle cars.

With all that, I wouldn't need to travel!

I would also volunteer because as much as I like mansions, I wouldn't want to spend every minute in one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 AM

3,946 posts, read 4,150,156 times
Undercover philanthropy.

While I vaca. haha

I'd create more artwork, take singing/dance/culinary classes; explore academia.

Help out in some way.

Hug a tree.

Invest in green technology. there's gottabe more..

Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 AM

23,655 posts, read 33,482,984 times
Travel around the world in search of photographing urban cities. Listen to music 24-7. Sleep. Tell jokes.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,348,194 times
Build schools throughout America, Schools[college,grammar school,gifted] that provide ALL children a great education. I have a strong belief children considered less fortunate could surpass our children in surburbia (generally they have a leg up with creativity).

I would travel to area(s) where tribal people are the populous.
Also, I would conduct Social experiments beginning with Americans.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:19 AM

8,178 posts, read 16,561,566 times
I'd get a Harley Davidson Trike...see every backroad in the USA...move on to Canada.....park the bike (for now) get on a cruise ship to many many a distination. Did I mention I wanted to travel?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,112,859 times
I'd buy a big house for myself and my children and move in. I would buy a new car and furniture. I would take vacations often since I have not traveled much. The first place I would go is I would take my kids on a Disney Cruise and to Disneyland.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,279,346 times
First, I would quit my job and travel all over the country. I would try every diner, drive-in, and dive on Triple D. Then, I would buy a beach house somewhere warm. After that, I would purchase large parcels of land all over the U.S. and start animal rescues. Hopefully, I would be able to purchase my own plane so that I could be actively involved on a daily basis with all aspects of rescue. Lastly, I would be a mystery writer and if need be, publish my own books.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,033,669 times
Get a nice RV and drive all over the country, taking my time, getting off the interstates. I'd travel Europe, South America, the South Pacific, Asia, etc. I'd start up businesses to help homeless families get back on their feet. Then, I'd start a business doing something I love, even if there wasn't any profit in it, something I can come and go as I please. I'd take lessons...musical instrument, surfing, boating/navigation, sailing, maybe even flying.

I'd do a lot more of what I enjoy...hiking, kayaking, fishing, concerts, sporting events, camping, walking around random big cities and small towns, museums, galleries, and anything I wanted at any time.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,785,778 times
I've had more time to think about it, so here goes:

1) Cruise on a sailboat for several years. That's in the plans for MrsCPG and I anyway, but that would be tops. I know two circumnavigators, so if they can do it, I can do it.
2) Hike the Appalachian Trail. Maybe not all in one year, but do it anyway.
3) Do the same for the Pacific Crest Trail. But bring bear repellent.
4) Live in Tuscany or the Dordogne.
5) Teach reading to inner-city kids. I did that for several years and really found it to be rewarding.
6) Find worthwhile businesses in which to invest and provide good counseling. However, if manufacturers, insist everything be made in the United States.
7) Write more novels.
8) Learn French.
9) Learn Latin and ancient Greek.
10) Learn Spanish.
11) Learn to play the piano.
12) If I had millions upon millions of dollars, I would produce movies. Go and find the most whacked-out, no-holds-barred funniest script I could find, get the director and talent I wanted and let them do something really cool.
13) Be a Space Tourist.
14) Read three hours every day. Four on Saturdays.
15) Learn to really cook.
16) Buy a bitchin' drum set, get my chops back, and find my old bandmates. Practice for several months, then go into a studio and record something for the hell of it.
17) Bike cross country. A friend of mine did it in two weeks. I think I'd take a lot longer than that.
18) Hike up to the base camp of Everest. No, I don't actually want to climb the mountain. I just want to look at it.
19) Buy a major league baseball team. And give away tickets to little league baseball teams.
20) More fully volunteer for the homeless. I do this now, but don't do it enough.
21) Work on an archeological dig.
22) Get my Ph.D.
23) Join the most exclusive lily-white country club I can find, invite to lunch several of my African-American friends and colleagues, and dare the club to do a damned thing about it.
24) Buy a bakery and require them to start putting six hot dog buns to a package, rather than eight. The disparity between the number buns in a package and the number of hot dogs in a package has always driven me crazy.
25) Buy a megawatt radio station that does nothing but take requests. And we'd do free advertising for small businesses.
26) Start my own competitive drum and bugle corps (Sorry, you'd have had to march to understand this one).
27) Go back to the July, 2008, issue of Architectural Digest, show them the spread on this immaculate modern house with warm, rich Tuscan themes to the design and say, "Here. Build one just like this."
28) Find nice, small Episcopal churches that quietly serve their communities and underwrite their ministries.
29) See the aurora borealis. Yeah, I know you northerners take it for granted, but I don't.
30) Go on a tornado chasing vacation.
31) A few weeks ago, I ate dinner in Chicago. The waiter was rude to me in front of my client, making fun of my southern accent by repeating the word 'Y'all' back to me like it was some kind of joke. I would buy the restaurant and fire him.
32) Find a worthy third-party candidate for President and form my very own SuperPac for him, producing balls-out television spots that depict the GOP and Democratic candidates as the duplicitous fools they are. "What? Are you sheep?" would be my message to the voters.
33) Rent out St. Lucia for a week and invite all my friends and family for a blowout party. Yes, the entire island. Hey, money is no object, right?
34) Make sure my children, family and friends had everything they needed in life. But not everything they wanted. Big difference.

Last edited by cpg35223; 10-11-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 12:12 PM

14,444 posts, read 7,948,543 times
Lets say I won mega millions. The first thing I would do is pay off all of my friends houses and set up college funds for their kids. I would set up a ton of animal shelters and make sure they were self sufficient. I'm planning a trip around the world in the near future so there really isn't a lot of places I have left to see. My wants are minimal so other than giving away a lot of money I'm already living a good life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships