U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 AM

657 posts, read 591,008 times

Advertisements

i would get away from sandy ----------nyc is shut down, no buses, or trains and school and work cancel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM

657 posts, read 591,008 times
i just got back from the bahamas off a cruise, if money was no object i would do every 3 month. you have not live life until you cruise ( its just so damm expensive)

Old 01-18-2016, 09:31 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,302,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28
if money was no object what would you do with your time? what would you enjoy?
Ahhhhhhhhhhh man!!

I would buy stuff I wanted!!! (All things I cant afford now)

I would beg MARS to start making thier candy WITH REG MILK again! (Not skim milk (Changed in 2000)) -- I would give them 1000s of dollars to do it!!

Ah man!! (Thats just 2 things)

Old 01-19-2016, 08:37 AM

28,906 posts, read 46,614,596 times
Travel, baby.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:01 AM

409 posts, read 427,287 times
Travel! Life is short and the world is big.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:56 AM

323 posts, read 268,052 times
I would buy an island and make it self-sustaining with solar and hydro power. I would build a nice home there with a pool and lots of place space for the furkids. I would employ house help so I never had to do laundry, make a bed, organize a closet or clean out the fridge again. I would have a private jet so I would never have to deal with domestic airlines again.
I would travel the world with my husband and furkids and then help a furkid rescue org.
I would read and enjoy the simplicity of every moment.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:02 AM

7,329 posts, read 11,497,449 times
Play music 8-12 hours a day...

Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 AM

7,329 posts, read 11,497,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Play the piano 10 hours a day...
Lol, you would do that too?

Very sad how much time I have ACTUALLY put towards that in the three and a half years since this thread started...

Old 01-19-2016, 11:21 AM

5,511 posts, read 8,844,146 times
If money REALLY wasn't a concern you would find me on a sailing catamaran in the south Pacific.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:40 PM

11,666 posts, read 7,221,845 times
I would invest and be financially healthy, and I would quit my office job.

I would travel and take my sons, and other loved ones on awesome adventures.

I'd get everything that is wrong with my minivan completely fixed up, and it'd be a pretty significant overhaul. But I would keep my old van because I looooovvvve her.

I would however also probably buy another, smaller vehicle just for fuel efficiency. And a hearse, because money is not limited in this fantasy.

I'd change my housing situation, possibly purchase multiple abodes, for various reasons, or just settle on one, I'm not positive on that. I love mountain log homes, downtown city industrial loft apartments with big windows and exposed brick walls, old historical Victorian mansions with sexy, sexy woodwork...oh, you name it. Maybe I'd build myself a castle. It'd be a tough decision.

I'd get a few really cool ball pythons, like the piebald ones with the splootches of silver patterning, create really cool habitat displays for them, and maybe also get a second cat.

I would buy art, make art, support artists, sell art, and be just eyeballs deep in the art world as a maker and patron. I would discover new performance art and music acts and support and promote their efforts too. I would start my own art-based business. I would make sculptural furniture and other things. I would engage in a lot of arts-based trading, investment, and philanthropy.

I would have a life sized Angel of Death from the movie Hellboy II with animatronics so that it slowly makes elegant gestures and the eyes blink, in my home. I'd pay the original artists like Tim Gore to do it for me, or if that was impossible, I'd craft up my own similar beastie. I might build a whole bunch of weird animatronics to populate my home.

I would give amazing gifts to the people I love and arrange and fund visits with those that are far away. I would take my lovers to beautiful secluded locations. Hot spring cabins in the mountains, shaded balconies on the beach, and everything in between.

I would hire a maid. Not a chef, or chauffer, just a maid. I would never clean another toilet again in my life.

I would eat really, really good food.

I would use significant sums of money to fund my sons' futures. I would look into having them travel outside of the US for education and personal development. I would help them with college. But there would be definite limits on all of this, and my help would have to be contingent on them not doing certain stupid things. (If my kid wants to be unemployed, smoke weed, and play Xbox all day, he's gonna be on his own with that.)

EDIT: Knew I was forgetting something... I would spend a lot on education, to include lots and lots of books, and courses in any subject that took my interest. Not to get a degree for a career, just to gain knowledge for its own sake. I would continue to do this, to try and keep my brain healthy into old age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships