U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 04:24 PM

678 posts, read 567,208 times

Advertisements

go to school full time start my career ( after college)
invest in real estate
Work in fashion for 10-20 years then go back into school for economics
get a job on wall street invest more put it to children's education.
move every 5 -10 years
rebuild a classic muscle car
Build a house in Italy
Build a house in Iceland
Buy up a bunch of apartments in NYC and sell them for dirt cheap
Work with government to help make education cheaper
Open my own School ( High School)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,764,778 times
Travel the world
Go back to school maybe not full class load just take a class or two in something I would enjoy or would want to learn
Spend more time with family I do not see much
Read more books

Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 AM

40,283 posts, read 39,856,296 times
I've had time off for a few month now and I gotta say it's nice but I think for me personally I would need the structure of some kind of "work" whether that be sitting on a board of directors for some charity organization or helping out at some kind of non-profit I think that would be good. I have a tendency to be a lazy person and if I don't have some kind of responsibilities I tend to drink a little too much wine and goof off by watching too many movies or things like CD, I have taken to reading Bio's of people that interest me, but in the long run that's all goof off stuff. Again, goofing off is good in your down time, only thing is your down time shouldn't be 100 percent of your time.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:18 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,391,413 times
Travel, read, finally write a novel. I would love to volunteer at an animal shelter but I'm allergic to cats so I don't see it happening.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:43 PM

562 posts, read 426,622 times
I have serious health issues, so it's very, very hard not to be pragmatic. But my dream would be to live in an airpark an a major city suburb. Three bedroom brick home, Ford truck and Subaru Outback in the garage, and Cessna 172 and HondaJet in the hangar. Would look forward to $100 hamburgers on the weekend.

I would also join ownership groups for soccer clubs. One MLS team (hopefully Seattle Sounders, but I don't really know how that all works), a semi-pro or lower league men's team here in San Diego, and a women's pro team associated with one of the above.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:32 PM

44,516 posts, read 35,976,458 times
I would go hiking along the Pennine Way in England for starters.

Pennine Way | National Trails

I'd buy a historic manor home in Europe somewhere and furnish it with fabulous antiques after I restored it to it's former glory.

I'd definitely go adventuring - lots of travel to all parts of the world.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:56 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,614,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
if money was no object what would you do with your time? what would you enjoy?
I would definitely work because God proscribes labor in his word, but I would start the business I'm dreaming of eventually doing and do that instead of what I do now since I wouldn't have to worry if it earns any money. I would also travel more to different battlefields much like I did when I lived in Las Vegas and had more time off. Read, do my historical research, hike and finally learn to knit.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:29 AM

7,499 posts, read 4,607,049 times
I'd be doing what I'm doing now, because I enjoy building a business.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 AM

302 posts, read 368,562 times
First thing I would do is buy a ranch in Kansas to raise goats, horses, and cows. Then build houses for all my kids to live there with their kids. There would be a live-in tutor for the kids. In my house, I would have a recording studio and all the instruments I love to play- piano, electric and acoustic guitars, hammered dulcimer and an electric bass. There would be a pool on the land, and everything would be wheelchair accessible.

I would get an RV and travel with my DH and whoever else wanted to come with us. I would use the earnings from the ranch to build housing communities for homeless folks and disabled veterans.These communities would also provide healthcare, job training and entertainment. In return, the residents would help with cooking, maintenance, and using their strengths to enrich and entertain the other residents.

I would contribute to campaigns of politicians who have this country's best interests at heart, and put Americans first.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 PM

27,145 posts, read 29,584,628 times
I'd work in a similar job to what I do now but reduce my hours a little. I'd continue to volunteer for my nonprofit board. Not much would change though I is I became super wealthy I'd also create a real estate investment trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships