Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select one option each for both
Someone cuts in front of me, say something 98 91.59%
Someone cuts in front of me, not say anything 9 8.41%
Someone cuts in front of another, say something 32 29.91%
Someone cuts in front of another, not say anything 24 22.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:53 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendOfWaffles View Post
Oh I would have been livid! Might have had to get "sick" all over their bathroom before I left, lol.
Believe me, it took every ounce of resolve in my body to stop myself from screaming things no 10 year old should ever hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 03:27 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
I NEVER let anyone cut me. I say "hey, the line starts there." If they give me any lip, onto step 2.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:56 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
I can't really remember if someone actually cut me. I worked at a deli late high school/early college, and a guy cut someone else. I told him he cut, & would only help the other person first.

A few months ago, I was kind of the cutter. I was at Kohls and there were 2 woman and a guy in front of me at the register, I thought they werre all together, so when the next register opened up, I walked right up to it. I shortly realized the lady in front of me, who I thought was already being rung up, was starting to walk too. When I went to the register, she started yelling "I was next!" I kind of ignored her, because she was really obnoxious, and the guy at the original register loudly said to her "I can take you ma'am" because by the time I got to the next register, the guy in front of her had already left. So, basically, there was no need for her to move anyway.

If that happened to me, which I think it has in the past, I wouldn't bother saying anyting, because what's the point.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:09 PM

255 posts, read 407,258 times
Most of the time I will say something, unless it's an older person. An elderly lady cut in front of me last week at Tim Hortons, but I let her do it. I don't mind if it's an older person.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,033 times
It depends on the situation and how the person cuts. I'm not at all timid, but life is too short to spend it fighting small battles. Most of the situations I've been in where someone cut, it just wasn't that big of a deal. Times when it was obnoxious, I just said, "Sorry, I was here..." and they got back behind me.

Or I just walked right past them without saying anything as if they didn't cut me because I've yet to come across someone who will cut you, then make a fuss as if you cut THEM if you just step in front of them right back. Usually when I see someone trying to inch in to cut, I move up and my body language makes it known that I know where I am and I know they do too lol

It's typically not worth the potential drama. I remember some chick thought I was trying to cut her once and got in my face about it. Let's just say if I had less self-restraint, she would have gotten her block knocked off and her night along with the night of the buddies she was with who were just out trying to have a nice dinner would have been ruined all because she got bold.

I'd never bother to address someone cutting in front of someone else unless it was a really bad situation. On the flip side, if I'm somewhere and a person gets up and someone comes to sit in their seat, I always say, "Someone is sitting there" whether that stranger asked me to do that or not.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:21 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,480 times
Ft Sill OK about '79.

An Army base with many Marines there for the advanced artillery training. As you know, standing in line is a too common thing. Anyway, several soldiers thought they could cut in front of some Marines waiting for chow. A fight ensued, and the Marines wiped the concrete with the soldiers. Worst thing was I was an Army E7 DI and totally humiliated. I volunteered to run the diciplinatory detail so I could really stick it to the "losers". And I had the privelige of reaming out the three that had to be hospitalized later on.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:45 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
As someone else mentioned, it really depends on my mood. I am a large guy, so, I can generally either block them off or give people a look that makes them back off.

My favorite line to someone was "Obviously you are way more important than me, so go ahead" very loudly.

Anytime I have a cart full, I always let people cut if they have less items. About 6 months ago, a couple of 20 something females let me cut them as I was getting donuts for my team at the grocery store.. They were getting sliced apples and some kind of kids drinks, they looked like teachers or preschool aides or something. I bought their groceries for them.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
As someone else mentioned, it really depends on my mood. I am a large guy, so, I can generally either block them off or give people a look that makes them back off.

My favorite line to someone was "Obviously you are way more important than me, so go ahead" very loudly.

Anytime I have a cart full, I always let people cut if they have less items. About 6 months ago, a couple of 20 something females let me cut them as I was getting donuts for my team at the grocery store.. They were getting sliced apples and some kind of kids drinks, they looked like teachers or preschool aides or something. I bought their groceries for them.
GREAT comeback!

Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
All I have to say is that, reading these posts, you people must live among wolves. I can count on one hand in my adult life when that's happened to me and, without fail, they moved to the back of the line when one politely points out their mistake.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
All I have to say is that, reading these posts, you people must live among wolves. I can count on one hand in my adult life when that's happened to me and, without fail, they moved to the back of the line when one politely points out their mistake.
Come spend a week in New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships