Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 PM

30,232 posts, read 23,681,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Look who's CATTY.

Three Wolves In Snow,
Why did you even post?
because you are the very people you are b!1(hing about.

Why? Because with out people posting opinions this thread would have no participants.
Don't even try that b.s. with me snofarmer.

I'm saying to the little snots on here to knock it off. You're rude and boring. If you don't like what the OP has to say, go find another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:40 PM

48,462 posts, read 34,704,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Don't even try that b.s. with me snofarmer.

I'm saying to the little snots on here to knock it off. You're rude and boring. If you don't like what the OP has to say, go find another thread.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't need you to defend him, but I could be wrong.... He DOES seem delicate.

Leave him to back up his own accusations.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 PM

30,232 posts, read 23,681,368 times
I'm not here to defend anyone. I posted that because I found what was written by some to be extremely rude, AGAIN, NOT just to the OP.

If you have a personal issue with the OP, take that up in DM. I'm done here, right after I make sure I put some of you on ignore so I don't ever make the mistake of conversing with you in the future. Unlike some of you, I don't follow people around to stir things up.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,330,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Why? Because with out people posting opinions this thread would have no participants.
The OP was authored WITHOUT slamming anyone, but told about previous school/work acquaintances and how cavalier they'd become, one of whom decides to locate you, several times, years later. I certainly did not initiate the contact. Furthermore, there is no racist, sexist, or any other kind of categorical stereotyping/discrimination going on. It then turned into a bash fest. Half the contributions are garbage. There's nothing constructive or reflective about them.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm pretty sure he doesn't need you to defend him, but I could be wrong.... He DOES seem delicate.
No, quite the opposite. I can "man up" and say that I wish the rapport I had with these people, friends from college and work for years, continued much the same way as it has with others from those venues. I can also indicate I don't like hypocrites. One more, articulate, either in written or spoken form, is viewed as delicate in America. I get your point. However, like I said, your brittleness has shown itself elsewhere on CD, so that slam doesn't surprise me, either.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 10-24-2012 at 08:56 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 PM

48,462 posts, read 34,704,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No, quite the opposite. I can "man up" and say that I wish the rapport I had with these people, friends from college and work for years, continued much the same way as it has with others from those venues. I can also indicate I don't like hypocrites. One more, articulate, either in written or spoken form, is viewed as delicate in America. I get your point. However, like I said, your brittleness has shown itself elsewhere on CD, so that slam doesn't surprise me, either.

Wanna back up your accusations about me? Anytime soon?

My bitterness? I like men, and I like women. Really rough. I'm a happily married. Was happily married 5 years earlier before my husband passed away. I have lots of male and female friends. All nationalities.

Do you plan on backing up any f the vitriol you threw my way? Ever? Or just empty, baseless ****ola based upon the vague fact that I am hispanic?

My brittleness? You mean I have good friends, no drama, and happy relations with my husband?

Horrible, yeah?

Do you have ANY plans of backing up your accusations to me?

Any?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Wanna back up your accusations about me? Anytime soon?

My bitterness? I like men, and I like women. Really rough. I'm a happily married. Was happily married 5 years earlier before my husband passed away. I have lots of male and female friends. All nationalities.

Do you plan on backing up any f the vitriol you threw my way? Ever? Or just empty, baseless ****ola based upon the vague fact that I am hispanic?

My brittleness? You mean I have good friends, no drama, and happy relations with my husband?

Horrible, yeah?
You are the one who comes onto my thread and STARTS OUT with criticism about this issue. Put the shoe on the other foot. Do you like for people who blew you off and with whom you did the work to keep the friendship going until you figured out to "cut your losses" to then come around and want to get back into contact with you? I grew up in LA. Who, from there, wouldn't have friends from all walks of life? That I wouldn't want to date their sisters, for politically incorrect reasons, is not what this thread is about.

Hola, tipa, ahora termina. Hay otros que pueden escribir cosas mas interesante y que ayudan.
(Hey, babe, you can stop now. There are others who can write more interesting things which are helpful.)

Not bad for a gringo and one year of college Spanish, eh?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,089,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This thread has been most enlightening. I have discovered that there's a lot of complete jerks on City Data.

I ask, if you don't like someone, WHY ARE YOU GOING TO A THREAD THAT THEY STARTED?!

Some of this personal bitchiness I'm seeing on here is self inflicted. Stop whining about a DM you got from the OP. YOU brought yourself here. YOU saw who the OP was. If you do not like the OP, why are YOU responding?

Because you like drama? Because you wanted to stir things up? Because you have this agenda or vendetta or whatever is WRONG with you?

Then don't cry like a little girl when the OP stands up for himself.

Either stick to the damn topic or go away. This is like watching two 12 year old girls have a slap fest in the hallway and then watching the "friends" of one all gang up on the other. Seriously? Is this how you people act?

Oh, let me guess, it was for the humor? Guess what? I found nothing humorous about any of it. I found it rude, disrespectful, (not only to the OP but to everyone innocently reading this thread), and childish.

I don't care about your "history" with the OP, DON'T COME TO A THREAD WHERE THEY POST IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM OR WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY!

You all look like stalkers.
+ 1

How odd, that someone who they don't even know could have such a strong affect on them.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,006,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The OP was authored WITHOUT slamming anyone, but told about previous school/work acquaintances and how cavalier they'd become, one of whom decides to locate you, several times, years later. I certainly did not initiate the contact. Furthermore, there is no racist, sexist, or any other kind of categorical stereotyping/discrimination going on. It then turned into a bash fest. Half the contributions are garbage. There's nothing constructive or reflective about them.
Except mine, of course! Afterall, I introduced a new term: douchewaffle.

Hope no one takes offense...unless you're a waffle.

Robert, I was thinking more on this and I get what you're saying...I have 2 friends from high school who drifted slightly in college and then, they each married a year or two after. We were sooo close but they decided to ease me out of their lives. I have too many examples to post but it really hurt my feelings the way they just sort of "thanks for calling" me right out of their little circle.

We got in touch several years ago when I didn't know my prognosis yet from a scary x-ray...I thought "we can put all the nonsense behind us". However, we had just grown too far apart...had such different lives that it was difficult to find common ground. It was maybe even a little painful. I'm pretty sure if one of them had used that phrase, I would've taken it as a dismissal.

Thankfully, I don't worry too much about these old friends. It's OK that we can't connect now; I don't even want to. I'm not so willing to cut out friends from any era in my life, but I'm not so willing to change who I am either.

That's all I got!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,154,810 times
Maybe your not as important as their family is.
Maybe your not as important as you think you are.
People get busy with there lives.
Life takes up a lot of your time.
Your married friends don't have time to go clubbing with you.
If you were a true friend you would at least try to understand their situation.
Being a spoiled brat jumping up and down is not going to change people.

As they get older they get a handle on it and now they have time for you.
Get over yourself your not the most important person in their lives.

A tip, never date a friends sister, when it goes bad it will effect your friendship.

To wolfly. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, as I am to mine.

Last edited by snofarmer; 10-25-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships