U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,173,181 times

Advertisements

No I'm not man enough to lol.

Sure if there was reason to. If I cry you can be sure it's something big. I think being open with your emotions is more courageous than holding them in because you're afraid of what the other thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,718,004 times
This thread reminds me of the song lyrics "there ain't nothing funny when a soldier cries". I have seen some of the toughest men on earth with tears running down their faces, yet they continued doing what they had to do. Often these tears were just after mail call and there were remarks about the dust or smoke in the air. I could not mourn my Dad because I was trying to be strong for Mom, and I still have problems with it. I think I would have been better to have a complete breakdown then, but I couldn't, so it is still with me. Ok, I am a woman, but I learned to be tough and carry on no matter what was going on. I know that tears do not make you weak, they are a way of dealing with emotions.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,776,488 times
No, because if you cry in front of another man at a funeral that means you're weak and GAY!

Grow up people, everybody thinks you're a sissy anyway!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM

16,416 posts, read 26,133,014 times
I refuse to cry in front of other guys, that being said I have done it a few times with a ton of alcohol. I feel like a complete idiot the next day typically won't talk to my buddies for a few days hoping they won't mock me.

Funeral is one of the few places I can think it'd be ok.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:05 PM

3,077 posts, read 3,520,765 times
I'd be fine crying in front of a man, it's just that I rarely have the urge to cry at all. Though I occasionally tear up a little the last time I had a full blown cry would have been 5 years ago.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,420,727 times
I've been told that I've cried in front of several of my Army buddies. It's amazing how being 19, away from home for the first time, stationed at Ft. Wainwright, AK, a woman, and being full of bumpy face (Seagram's Gin), mixed with Strawberry Hill Boone's Farm, can open the flood gates. Oh yeah, oh yeah, a brotha cried.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 AM

568 posts, read 846,211 times
I have at my best friend's father's funeral. He was a good man and told some of the best stories back when he was a a state trooper in the 60s.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM

408 posts, read 872,076 times
It depends. Sometimes crying makes you look weak and sometimes it doesn't.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM

904 posts, read 1,160,729 times
I got over this long ago. I'm a complete sap. Originally it frustrated me and I would work hard to "man-up" and not shed tears. Now I don't give a flying-F about it. I cry when Lassie comes home. I cry at Hallmark commercials. I cry at the end of Return of the Jedi and Wrath of Khan. I cry every year when I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Christmas Eve.

It doesn't bother me at all. It's part of who I am.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM

4,188 posts, read 4,371,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I got over this long ago. I'm a complete sap. Originally it frustrated me and I would work hard to "man-up" and not shed tears. Now I don't give a flying-F about it. I cry when Lassie comes home. I cry at Hallmark commercials. I cry at the end of Return of the Jedi and Wrath of Khan. I cry every year when I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Christmas Eve.

It doesn't bother me at all. It's part of who I am.
Man, with that much crying you should carry buckets with you wherever you go, and use the tears to make sea salt for cooking :P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships