U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 PM

35,120 posts, read 40,064,647 times

Advertisements

eh, not impressed, they are humans like me and I met most of them in a Waffle House at 2AM in Wilmington, North Carolina or rolling through the truck stop I managed in East St Louis, Illinois when their bus stopped to put on fuel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 PM

3,279 posts, read 6,587,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I've never been one to be too impressed with celebrities. I've met a few working the Hotels in Orlando.
They are just human.
^^ This. They walk on two feet just like the rest of us.

I haven't dealt with any "celebrities," but I personally know the CEO and CFO of a major corporation. They are each worth half a billion dollars and you wouldn't know it by talking to them. Both are very approachable and friendly, and they treat you like you are at their level. I may as well be talking to the guy down the street.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,631,923 times
I was entering a restaurant one night when Courtney Cox and Jennifer Anniston were coming out. They were in town for CC's daughter's baptism. I held the door for them as they exited. Courtney Cox walked past without saying much. Jennifer Anniston reached out and ran her hand up my arm and said, "Oh, you are such a gentleman. Thank you."

I was pretty smooth. I said, "Plathy grebaw fle fle smicksur." I know she was impressed.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 AM

16,487 posts, read 21,035,057 times
I think I am impressed if it is a tv/movie star, but I don't go nuts and embarass myself like some people do.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,817,908 times
I was surprised when I ran into Alice Cooper at the grocery store.

He's 6' - 2".

I wanted like hell to break out my version of "Welcome to my Nightmare", but figured he just wanted to buy his stuff and leave.

A nod and "hello" was all I did.

I'm not in awe when I see celebrities, but I do think it's kinda cool when I see 'em.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:57 PM

2,906 posts, read 4,910,343 times
I grew up in LA so seeing someone famous was sort of a regular occurrence...so much so I can barely recall who I've seen. I think it's cool to see a celebrity in real life, kind of fun to see how they carry themselves or, better yet, see them interacting with others, especially retail or restaurant employees. But I'm not starstruck, probably because it's sort of old hat in LA and goes with the territory. I always seemed to be surprised at how much shorter these people you see on TV and in movies are in real life!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM

8,233 posts, read 11,254,717 times
I guess I could care less. but there are a few I'd love to ask questions of, people with different experiences that are pretty cool... Jimmy Carter, Clinton. There are a few I think are attractive but that interest is different and has nada to do with fame. :-)

Old 11-01-2012, 02:34 PM

7,496 posts, read 9,729,384 times
I've never met one. My grandfather met John Elway once (former Denver Broncos quarterback) but it didn't affect him at all. Celebrities are people just like us.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM

201 posts, read 421,109 times
A Movie Star is not like you and I or they would not be paid millions to appear on screen and show up at parties. They have something else and a natural charisma, charm and good looks.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM

25,953 posts, read 26,706,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I guess I could care less. but there are a few I'd love to ask questions of, people with different experiences that are pretty cool... Jimmy Carter, Clinton. There are a few I think are attractive but that interest is different and has nada to do with fame. :-)
We were covering the Presidential Conventions in 1988 and myself and 3 guys I worked with were on a hotel elevator joking and cracking up and there were some odd sex jokes and sarcastic remarks thrown in. We stop on a floor, a man gets in and closes the door, he is in front of us with his back to us and we were still cutting up and laughing and someone asked an assinine question and dummy me leans up to the guy and says, "So, what do you think?" He turned his head around just as the elevator doors opened on the first floor and it was Alexander Haig, Secretary for State under Reagan....you know the dude who pounded the table and said "I'm in Charge!" when Reagan was shot and wanted to push the red button and nuke the world.

We were on the first floor, he got off, but we stayed on and let the doors close because we started laughing to the point of tears when we saw who he was and realizing what we had been saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships