U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM
 
548 posts, read 792,956 times
Reputation: 204

Advertisements

My mom and I have never gotten along. During the week we get as many others do coupons for the stores and fast food chains so my dad suggested that why don't we get some breakfast sandwiches using the coupons? I was for it but this morning mom ended up throwing the coupons away I went and got them out of the trash but she right away says "What did I say about no fast food?" And yet tonight we're going to be eating PIZZA?

Give me a break! So we went without eating the breakfast sandwiches. My mom is always doing this type of thing and it really gets on my nerves. She says one thing and then says another thing five minutes later and her and I are at each other's throats again and again.

I really don't know what to do anymore but I hate having this happen again, again, and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 AM
 
35,121 posts, read 40,004,782 times
Reputation: 62022
It is your Mother's choice to do as she pleases and if you don't like it you either get over it because it is her home or if you are old enough you move out. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
 
548 posts, read 792,956 times
Reputation: 204
I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 2,502,167 times
Reputation: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
My mom and I have never gotten along. During the week we get as many others do coupons for the stores and fast food chains so my dad suggested that why don't we get some breakfast sandwiches using the coupons? I was for it but this morning mom ended up throwing the coupons away I went and got them out of the trash but she right away says "What did I say about no fast food?" And yet tonight we're going to be eating PIZZA?

Give me a break! So we went without eating the breakfast sandwiches. My mom is always doing this type of thing and it really gets on my nerves. She says one thing and then says another thing five minutes later and her and I are at each other's throats again and again.

I really don't know what to do anymore but I hate having this happen again, again, and again.
If breakfast sandwiches are the biggest thing your mother and you are fighting about, I say count your blessings and let it go. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm going to guess in your teens. It's completely normal for moms and teens to fight. Just try to look for the positives in your relationship and avoid conflict as much as you can. Get good grades so you can go away to college and see how much of a difference a little distance and some maturity makes in your relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
 
548 posts, read 792,956 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
If breakfast sandwiches are the biggest thing your mother and you are fighting about, I say count your blessings and let it go. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm going to guess in your teens. It's completely normal for moms and teens to fight. Just try to look for the positives in your relationship and avoid conflict as much as you can. Get good grades so you can go away to college and see how much of a difference a little distance and some maturity makes in your relationship.
I am not a teen I'm 25. And her and I are always having fights like this over anything I want or need. Like I told her I wanted to go to a concert even though I haven't been to one in months and right away she says
"Concerts are all you care about, why not go and look for a job?"

When I do go and look online and apply online but its never enough for her. She complains that all I do is stay home and not go out WELL YOU ALWAYS COMPLAIN WHEN I DO WANT TO GO OUT SO WHY BOTHER GOING OUT ANYMORE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Sunny Bay Area, CA
1,568 posts, read 1,776,327 times
Reputation: 3245
As long as you're living under her roof, not contributing financially and no job, it's gonna be like this. It sounds like you guys do butt heads, but it sounds like she may also be frustrated with you living there jobless at your age. I don't know your background however, and if you lost your job and had to move back home or if you have always lived there.

Either way, I think things will really improve when you're working and have your own place. So much better. You're too old to be living there and having her tell you what to do.

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM
 
548 posts, read 792,956 times
Reputation: 204
I have always lived here at home. I have looked for work and had jobs but they never worked out so I've gone back and applied to new jobs but keep rejected time and time again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,181 posts, read 16,516,796 times
Reputation: 49780
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
When I do go and look online and apply online but its never enough for her. She complains that all I do is stay home and not go out WELL YOU ALWAYS COMPLAIN WHEN I DO WANT TO GO OUT SO WHY BOTHER GOING OUT ANYMORE?
I bet you that she doesn't think that you're trying hard enough to find a job. So you look and apply online?
Do you ever go out of apply in person?

She's also probably tired of supporting you. Add up how much all those fast food meals cost, even with the coupons.

What do you contibute to the household in way of help...not finacially but physically? Can you cook? Learn to so you can help save your parents some $$.
Clean? Anyone can clean. Do the laundry, do the yard work.
At 25 you should be earning your keep if you're going to continue to live with Mommy and Daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
 
1,072 posts, read 2,502,167 times
Reputation: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I bet you that she doesn't think that you're trying hard enough to find a job. So you look and apply online?
Do you ever go out of apply in person?

She's also probably tired of supporting you. Add up how much all those fast food meals cost, even with the coupons.

What do you contibute to the household in way of help...not finacially but physically? Can you cook? Learn to so you can help save your parents some $$.
Clean? Anyone can clean. Do the laundry, do the yard work.
At 25 you should be earning your keep if you're going to continue to live with Mommy and Daddy.
Agreed. The OP should consider herself lucky her mom didn't kick her butt to the curb 5 years ago.

Napy: A job will help. Of course you don't get along with your mom. You are old enough to need freedom, but she still gets a say because she is supporting you. If you are looking for retail/restaurant, then online is a terrible way to find a job. Take yourself to the mall tomorrow and go into EVERY store and apply for a job. Ask for a managers business card, and call them a week later to follow up. The day after that, go to a different mall and do the exact same thing. Repeat until you get a job. Retailers should be hiring seasonal help for the holidays now. UPS and Fedex too. You don't have to be a driver, they have customer service positions. If you aren't apply for at least 5 jobs a day, you aren't trying hard enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:18 PM
 
4,230 posts, read 6,134,110 times
Reputation: 5324
My mother and I dont get along either and I live at home. I also work full time and am in grad school. AKA I rarely see her, which is the key to us not killing each other on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:31 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top