Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM

29,732 posts, read 34,322,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
Since I wrote the question yesterday the whole topic caught my interest and went over to a number of public places where 20-40 year old women hung out in groups and it was amazing how much the women who were together were alike both in attractiveness and weight and style and hipness factor. Most people outside of a few city data types hang out with people who are clones of themselves.
I think that probably has more to do with the "birds of a feather" mentality than people specifically including or excluding people based on looks. Artists tend to hang with other artists. Athletes tend to hang with with other athletes. Barflys tend to hang with other barflys. It's not a hard and fast rule, but it's there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,817,505 times
Um no, I don't think so. I think it's hard for pretty women and plain or unattractive women to be friends, just like rich women and less-rich women, because womens' core nature is competititiveness and being the best. They're raised that way, especially when it comes to their looks.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,778,227 times
What if the less attractive women don't want the attractive women around because they're afraid their boyfriends may wander?

Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,157,065 times
This question kills me lol. It's such a wierd one, yet I can see why you're asking it based on your mall observations. My friends are based on who they are as a person, I don't care what they look like. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM

201 posts, read 490,403 times
Lots of these beauty queen women likely spend most of their time talking about beauty, fashion and hair and clothes, so the plain fat women could not relate.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,517,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Um no, I don't think so. I think it's hard for pretty women and plain or unattractive women to be friends, just like rich women and less-rich women, because womens' core nature is competititiveness and being the best. They're raised that way, especially when it comes to their looks.

lol, this isnt like this at all. where do you guys live, seriously??

It NEVER occured to me to analize my friends based on how pretty or unpretty they are. While reading this thread i started thinking about this for the first time ever, like how "pretty" or "ugly" they are, and i realize i have all type of friends. From overweight to skinny, from way older than me to couple of years younger, from stunning to plane, short and tall, etcétera. Never before have thought about this, and i certainly didnt pick my friends based on this things....this is so ridiculous

However, my friends do have things in common. Example: none of them are racist, none or them are homofobic, all of them like to read and are educated, all of them are funny (in different degrees) and smart people. Now, this are the things i look for in a friend, not the other ones!

Specially when you are in your late 20s/30s, i think 90% does not care about physical appareance in a friend. Maybe (didnt do it, but guess its most likely to happen) if you are a teenager, but....ADULT??' no way!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,823,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
What if the less attractive women don't want the attractive women around because they're afraid their boyfriends may wander?
It happens the other way too.
Don't under estimate the average or ugly girl.
Being the ugly girl has its stigma,like the common thinking that we are easy.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,302,945 times
Quote:
Then there are lots of shallow people out there because I see lots of clones together in public places. I RARELY see a fat plain girl with a group of thin pretty women. Do you?
I can't even begin to imagine why you are worrying about this.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,198,341 times
Quote:
Then there are lots of shallow people out there because I see lots of clones together in public places. I RARELY see a fat plain girl with a group of thin pretty women. Do you?
Yes!!

not everyone is status obsessed like you are. I had no idea there were so many people obsessed with status until I joined CD. I laugh about it because it really is hilarious how so many people are so superficial on here. Kids in Jr. high and High School aren't this damn superficial.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:07 PM

29,732 posts, read 34,322,320 times
Quote:
Lots of these beauty queen women likely spend most of their time talking about beauty, fashion and hair and clothes, so the plain fat women could not relate.
Right, because plain fat women never buy clothes or get manicures or get their hair done or read fashion magazines, so there's no common ground at all. Also, if you think attractive women solely talk about beauty issues, you haven't met many women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships