U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM

18,433 posts, read 29,474,042 times

Advertisements

Hearing from a few family members some bad things...

I spoke with my sister this evening about Thanksgiving and she told me her daughter may not be there and I asked her why.

Apparently my niece may be in rehab by then. I don't know how it all happened, or who approached who, but my niece will be going to rehab for the abuse of prescription narcotics.

My sister asked I not tell anyone, and I wont, other than my SO. She told me not to believe everything my cousin says, but when I asked the details of what was going on with my niece, many of them hit it on the head.

I did not tell her I already knew of much of what she was telling me, as it was heresay. I did tell her that I was proud of my niece for understanding she has the problem and doing something about it.

My sister may know more info than what she was telling me but what she did tell me matched up with what my cousin told me but for the prostitution. I don't know if my niece would tell her mother if she did that or not and I don't know if my sister would tell me about it if she knew.

I really don't think my cousin would say my niece did such a thing were it not true.

I could sense a shame in my sisters voice as well as her pride kicking in but I I followed up once again with being happy that my niece was getting the help she needed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships