U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,471,147 times

Advertisements

If you can afford to, try to get some video or other evidence of this before you go to the police. Motion sensor recording devices can be installed on your property aimed at the easeway. Law enforcement has more to go on if you can back up your claims rather than it being just a complaint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 04:32 PM

19,817 posts, read 55,828,607 times
Just putting up motion sensor lights and cameras may be enough to get him to stop.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM

16,025 posts, read 19,599,235 times
IS he perhaps one of the guys that parked in front of your house...you had a previous thread about that incident...Maybe you caught him doing something, whether you saw it or not...He might think you did see something. He sounds pretty weird...especially knowing that you are a big guy..you must be more on the quiet side, otherwise he is totally dumb to pick on someone your size.

The poster that suggested you put up some sort of barrier might have a decent idea. Also, can you put some sort of motion lights near that fence line, easement entrance? Being seen may keep him from just sitting there. (sorry, didn't see the previous post...GMTA

There obviously is something he has heard from his brother that makes him think you are someone to look down on. He probably has taken his cue from the brother. I'm not sure talking to the brother will help.

Being reclusive, not sure that you are, but from your previous post it seems like you're the type to go to work, come home and stay to yourself...nothing wrong w/ that, plenty of us do that....But sometimes this makes weirdos behave like he is. Don't be afraid to contact authorities if you feel the need. I hope you can get this resolved with the least amount of trouble possible.

Last edited by JanND; 11-16-2012 at 05:12 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 PM

5,514 posts, read 8,846,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
IS he perhaps one of the guys that parked in front of your house...you had a previous thread about that incident...Maybe you caught him doing something, whether you saw it or not...He might think you did see something. He sounds pretty weird...especially knowing that you are a big guy..you must be more on the quiet side, otherwise he is totally dumb to pick on someone your size.

The poster that suggested you put up some sort of barrier might have a decent idea. Also, can you put some sort of motion lights near that fence line, easement entrance? Being seen may keep him from just sitting there.

There obviously is something he has heard from his brother that makes him think you are someone to look down on. He probably has taken his cue from the brother. I'm not sure talking to the brother will help.

Being reclusive, not sure that you are, but from your previous post it seems like you're the type to go to work, come home and stay to yourself...nothing wrong w/ that, plenty of us do that....But sometimes this makes weirdos behave like he is. Don't be afraid to contact authorities if you feel the need. I hope you can get this resolved with the least amount of trouble possible.
This isn't the same guys I saw on the road. It could be his brothers opinion of me and I'm fine with that- I am living my life the way I want to without the need for anyone's approval .

The great thing about this situation is I am planning on selling out in a year or two. My property is already subdivided into three lots. If the idiot brother has a problem with ONE neighbor maybe he needs to deal with three.......

BTW- Yes, I am a very quiet reserved individual that tries to respect others. Mistaking my behavior for weakness is foolish. I am a former Marine willing to defend myself if necessary. If I were allowed to shoot someone for pissing me off this guy would already be dead however since I can't I want to resolve it peacefully.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM

5,514 posts, read 8,846,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee188 View Post
So he isn't really doing anything except hanging around your house on an easement he has the right to be on? I think it's a little creepy he seems to be "casing" your house (maybe trying to see if you are home at night, and if you aren't he'll rob it?) But he doesn't seem too dangerous. No vandalism or threats or anything. I would just keep an eye on the situation in case it escalates but otherwise not really worry about it.
That's the problem- he has every right to be on the easement so I have no rights. It is an ingress/egress easement so he could sit there all day long and I have no right to ask him to leave. I just doesn't seem neighborly to allow your guests to do this. If I ask the neighbor to tell his guest to cease the behavior and it continues then I guess I know where I stand.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 AM

2,023 posts, read 1,936,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
If you can afford to, try to get some video or other evidence of this before you go to the police. Motion sensor recording devices can be installed on your property aimed at the easeway. Law enforcement has more to go on if you can back up your claims rather than it being just a complaint.
I agree with this, talking to his brother would be a good first step just to get an idea of what's going on and hopefully the village idiot goes away...but if the brother is not helpful and you don't get anywhere take pics/video with a date/time stamp when he is just sitting out in front of your place and any other strange interaction...pictures are worth a 1000 words in case you need to call the police...

Old 11-17-2012, 03:07 AM

8,832 posts, read 13,595,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee188 View Post
So he isn't really doing anything except hanging around your house on an easement he has the right to be on? I think it's a little creepy he seems to be "casing" your house (maybe trying to see if you are home at night, and if you aren't he'll rob it?) But he doesn't seem too dangerous. No vandalism or threats or anything. I would just keep an eye on the situation in case it escalates but otherwise not really worry about it.
A person doesn't need to be trespassing or vandalizing to be harassing someone. Bizarre behavior like barking at someone in public is very disturbing and the OP is right to be concerned or feel harassed.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM

592 posts, read 1,193,832 times
Bake some cookies and take them to him. Smile a lot when you do this.
It will creep him out...

Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 PM

525 posts, read 951,143 times
I just want to say BLESS YOUR HEART for rescuing the dogs!!!! I was so happy to read that, you made my night xoxoxo

Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,334,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
No, the neighbors house is 3/4 of a mile from mine and he has dogs of his own. I told him if he ever had a problem with anything I was doing to feel free to tell me. When I am at the very back of my property I can barely hear my loudest dog if she is going off- his house is an additional 600 yards from the fence line.

Maybe the brother has better hearing than you and the dogs are bothering him?

Best intentions aside, 6 dogs would be considered excessive to just about everybody I know (unless your on some serious acreage) and I love dogs, I have one, and my sister has 3. Maybe the brother just thinks your trying to be like a crazy cat lady?

Can you build/plant a more substantial fence/barrier/hedge between the house and roadway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships