U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 AM

10,600 posts, read 13,108,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
How is it he got food poisoning and you didn't? There's a million reasons why. Something he ate the day before could cause this. Not washing your hands after going to the bathroom could cause it. Touching something other than the food in his own home could have caused it. If you don't have it and didn't get it - why would he?
Good point. The chicken likely came from the same place, And I sampled some of his food as well. Not sure about the logistics of it. I think coffee and donuts this week only. If he gets "poisoning" from that then it will be bottled water and the local park. What more can i do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM

6,070 posts, read 8,343,395 times
Definitely not your fault! It sounds more like he had a stomach bug or sometimes something we eat just doesn't go over well and it's not because there's anything wrong with the food. Pretty crappy to blame you when you were just trying to be nice. Hopefully he feels better soon and stops being a baby towards you!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM

10,600 posts, read 13,108,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Definitely not your fault! It sounds more like he had a stomach bug or sometimes something we eat just doesn't go over well and it's not because there's anything wrong with the food. Pretty crappy to blame you when you were just trying to be nice. Hopefully he feels better soon and stops being a baby towards you!
I hate to say it, But given he is anonymous here I must admit he can be like this sometimes. One time we went out to a bar and after some tequila he started crying. Guess he is just sensitive. I have said too much i think.

All is well now either way as far as me and him.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 PM

5,702 posts, read 16,150,899 times
Many years ago my mother took my grandmother out for dinner as a birthday present. My grandmother got severe food poisoning that landed her in the hospital where she almost died. Actually got in her lungs. Not once did my grandmother ever think it was my mom's fault. Your friend needs to get a grip.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:43 PM

16,025 posts, read 19,609,150 times
A you can do is say you're sorry he got ill. You are certainly not responsible for his getting food poisoning....if indeed it is. My daughter got food poisoning and she was sicker than a dog. IF he just has flu like symptoms and a stomach ache, it isn't food poisoning. Not very kind of him to blame you personally. What is it they say...."No good deed goes unpunished".

Old 11-18-2012, 03:26 PM

24,852 posts, read 23,781,798 times
Thank you! Now I don't have to type that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What an ungrateful brat he is. It's not your fault he got sick.

Plus, these things are notoriously difficult to pin down. It can take days or even weeks for food poisoning to make itself known. Has he been tested? Because Salmonella has an incubation period of up to three days. E. coli incubation is 3 to 8 days. If it's a parasite like Giardia, it can take up to two weeks.

So if you went out, and the next day he was sick, unless his meat was spoiled, he may have to look elsewhere. Ask him what his doctor said.

But even then, it's not your fault. What a jerk.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,539,775 times
Next time, just let him pick the place and then it will be all his fault.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:24 PM

1,431 posts, read 1,543,425 times
It's natural to feel guilty, even if it's not your fault. But the fact is, it wasn't. You just recommended a place that you trusted. You did not prepare the food, don't sweat it.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM

198 posts, read 392,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Next time, just let him pick the place and then it will be all his fault.
Ugh, just don't make a habit out of it. Everyone hates that person who never suggests what to do/where to eat and is the first to complain if they don't enjoy it.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 PM

31,405 posts, read 19,839,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What an ungrateful brat he is. It's not your fault he got sick.

Plus, these things are notoriously difficult to pin down. It can take days or even weeks for food poisoning to make itself known. Has he been tested? Because Salmonella has an incubation period of up to three days. E. coli incubation is 3 to 8 days. If it's a parasite like Giardia, it can take up to two weeks.

So if you went out, and the next day he was sick, unless his meat was spoiled, he may have to look elsewhere. Ask him what his doctor said.

But even then, it's not your fault. What a jerk.

^^^ This sums it up perfectly. ^^^^^

I think it's horribly rude that he put the onus on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or