Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 01:30 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,570,602 times

Advertisements

Well, I am a senior, male 60 plus years.......
One year I rec'd a big box, filled with shipping popcorn and dollar bills. Mostly ones but some $5's, 10's and $20's mixed in. Great gift, really enjoyed digging out all the cash. Still remember it to this day. Took me about 15-20 minutes to find all the money without dumping the box........ Still puts a smile on my face. Total was $300 but it was worth much more.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,034 times
What about a gift card to a restaurant he likes. Or when I'm stuck, I'll make up a basket with a bunch of munchies like nuts, chips, popcorn, candy(if they like it or eat it), etc. You can get a basket and the wrapping at the Dollar store or Walmart. Then get some nice ribbon to tie it(make the ends curly) and add a nice bow.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,034 times
Also, something else to consider, something when I can't think of anything else is scratch off tickets. Not sure if he'd like anything like that but thought I'd mention it.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:45 AM

49,970 posts, read 63,277,013 times
I know this is an old thread, but I've enjoyed it, since my DH is the same as OPs dad. A big spotlight flashlight is one of his favorite things too. I told my kids long ago that if I can't drink it, burn it, smoke it, or eat it, I don't need it. In other words, we don't need any stuff.
One thing I didn't see mentioned is, does OPs dad have a good grill? If he likes to make BBQ or grill things, he might like the latest and greatest grill model, like a Big Green Egg.
We would appreciate weekend trips that we might not choose to afford very often, like a weekend at Disney, or NYC or something like that. We would also like cooking classes.
OPs dad does not like to travel, I guess, but maybe he just doesn't like the planning end of it, but would like the trip itself?

Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,233,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

I'm a lot like my Dad, but I at least have hobbies, and people always know what to get for me.

HELP!!!!!!!!

There must be other guys out there like my Dad! Advice please???????????
Have you asked your mother for some suggestions?

Does he read books (besides the car magazines)? Any subjects interest him?

Since he uses tools, and "putters" a lot, consider a Home Depot gift card that he can use when he needs something spur of the moment.

Can he use a new robe? Pjs?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:06 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,782,648 times
Um, thanks to the new posters who are trying to help me with a present for my Dad for Christmas 2012!

Old 05-25-2015, 03:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 59,858,372 times
Quote:
Um, thanks to the new posters who are trying to help me with a present for my Dad for Christmas 2012!
Jeez, I was going to tell you what my kids began doing after you started this thread. They now buy me stuff that they want. Then, a couple weeks later ask to borrow whatever it is.

My oldest son has asked me to let him know if I want to get myself a watch or cuff links or other things so he can make sure he likes them.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,890 times
I see you didn't get any decent ideas. I am a little disappointed because my dad is the same way and all the "great" ideas I have been given are just as crappy as the ones you have been given

Old 06-14-2015, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,890 times
I know this is an old post, but what did you get him? Surely you didn't take any of these garbage suggestions

Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,395,433 times
Quote:
Father's Day is approaching. Maybe you can put some of the suggestions to good use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships