Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:01 AM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times

Advertisements

I have one neighbor about two houses away who, when they leave their dog out all day, it barks ALL DAY LONG.

I work at home some of the time and that is when I noticed it. There wasn't a gap of more than 10 minutes that went by without a bark. This lasted at least 8 hours or more. I felt sorry for the dog.

Thankfully, they don't do this very often, and also I don't work at home every day, so between those two factors, its the rare day that I have to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 11:38 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
I have two large dogs...father 13 and son 7. They are in my garage (see thru gate) or tied up to a long chain outside the gate during daytime. They are allowed to do their thing once a day (one at a time) out front where they see me watching them and they will look back towards the house every few mins......this is in Baja Mexico.

Now the story begins...........

Two houses over there were "13" dogs including 9 puppies. They kept 2 of the puppies (M/F) and the mother just had another litter. When in HEAT it is crazy outside for 4-5 days with all the male dogs hanging around.

THis drive my Junior dog crazy with all of them outside in the street......besides a couple will come to the gate and they go at it Nose to Nose barking. Father dog is more complacent and easy going.

The mother dog and two m/f dogs get along somewhat with my two boys.......on the other hand the medium and two very small dogs come over to my gate and antaganize my two knowing a gate separates them....barking Nose to Nose.

Junior tried to kill one of the small dogs a while back and I told the owner that one will die if he did not control them and yesterday afternoon the medium and small black were back and forth at ny gate in tandem 3-4 times before the owner took them in.

I have a security camera focused towards my gate (viewed on TV set) and saw what had been going on. A simple channel change and things are viewable.

Long rambling here but do feel better. So far today (Christmas) things have been fairly quiet....wish me luck.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
OP: You don't have the worst neighbors.......I do. Several of my neighbors allow their dogs to "roam free" during the day. They urinate/crap on my planters, front porch, etc. Another neighbor has 10 dogs! Yes......10 dogs which she sends to "dog training school" yet cannot control. They constantly bark, get off their leash, chase after my 10 year old while he's riding his bike, chase after our golf cart, our leashed dog, etc.

The worst part is that these neighbors are the first to contact HOA about minor things such as your trash can being visible yet they are always breaking the rules themselves! And yes.....owning 10 animals is against our HOA but the dogs will be the ones who suffer if I turn the neighbor in.

We live in a self-centered society. Hopefully the next neighborhood we live in will have better neighbors.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,861,227 times
I'm fortunate in that I have incredible neighbors where I currently live- it wasn't always the case though.

At my last house, which was in a military town in NC (husband was in the Marine Corps) the entire street was like a Frat House and NOT in a good way. I was sometimes woken up in the middle of the night by groups of drunk Marines fighting on my front lawn, and my neighbors were dreadful- at least 2 guys and 2 girls lived in the tiny 2 bedroom house next to ours and they were CONSTANTLY partying or fighting or both.

On the plus side, we never had any issues with property crime etc, just a lout of loud, obnoxious, extremely messy people (these people used to trash their yards and houses- we lived off base and the city council didn't care). You'd swear that nobody but us could afford a lawn mower!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
MsAnn, why are you surrounded by such halfwits? It's not just your neighbors. It's everybody. Personally, I think you really ought to change your friends, surroundings, and attitudes towards life, because it's clear that right now you lack judgment about who you should allow in your life.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
OP: You don't have the worst neighbors.......I do. Several of my neighbors allow their dogs to "roam free" during the day. They urinate/crap on my planters, front porch, etc. Another neighbor has 10 dogs! Yes......10 dogs which she sends to "dog training school" yet cannot control. They constantly bark, get off their leash, chase after my 10 year old while he's riding his bike, chase after our golf cart, our leashed dog, etc.

The worst part is that these neighbors are the first to contact HOA about minor things such as your trash can being visible yet they are always breaking the rules themselves! And yes.....owning 10 animals is against our HOA but the dogs will be the ones who suffer if I turn the neighbor in.

We live in a self-centered society. Hopefully the next neighborhood we live in will have better neighbors.
Is owning ten dogs allowed in your city/village?

Our fairly large city has a three dog and/or cat rule. Maybe you should be calling your local police about those ten dogs.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
7.07am Christmas morning and we have our first yapping mutt.

They're consistent, if nothing else.

Merry Christmas everyone. Take your dog for a walk.
I agree. Why do people have pets just to coup them up rather than be responsible owners and walk them? F'ing stupid if ya ask me!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
7.07am Christmas morning and we have our first yapping mutt.

They're consistent, if nothing else.

Merry Christmas everyone. Take your dog for a walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
MsAnn, why are you surrounded by such halfwits? It's not just your neighbors. It's everybody. Personally, I think you really ought to change your friends, surroundings, and attitudes towards life, because it's clear that right now you lack judgment about who you should allow in your life.
Sanctimony, gotta love it.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Sanctimony, gotta love it.
Please. You haven't been reading her posts. She gets into scrapes with one miserable bastard after another. Hey, one or two is bad luck. More than that is bad judgment.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:04 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
MsAnn, I sympathize with the barking dog issue. I'm so fortunate that my home is so well insulated against outside noises, because here in CO, everyone has dogs and plenty of them bark...though normally only for short periods of time during the day (like when someone walks by their yards.)

For anyone who happens upon this thread, and thinks that "everyone has dogs and dogs bark, it's what they do and no one should mind"--you are SO WRONG. Even if it's only during the day, how do you know that there isn't that one neighbor who was up all night working a nurse shift in a local hospital and is now trying to get some much needed sleep? A new Mother with a baby? Anyone who works nights? Leaving a dog outside to create nuisance noise is inconsiderate no matter what time of day. If you are not prepared to TRAIN your dog to live in the home with the family, then YOU DON'T NEED TO OWN ONE. Having animals isn't something everyone has got to do. Irresponsible people having animals that they don't know how to properly handle, train, and keep is one of the more awful things human beings routinely do in the world.

If this is you, then get off of C-D and go do some research. Figure out how to fix your problem and get off your behind and do it. Or find another home for your animals, where someone CAN. Dogs are supposed to be members of the family, not perimeter defense mechanisms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships