Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM

9,802 posts, read 11,485,193 times

Advertisements

I kinda want Myspace back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
No vag shots, thank gawd. She did post lots of pics of her cheesy baby before she cleaned her. I understand birth is a natural thing but I'm no nurse, midwife or OBGYN so I don't need to see that crap. All of her crunchy friends were posting the word 'beautiful' with the placenta pic and saying it looked like the tree of life *barf*
Cheesy baby, I love it, funny.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 AM

46 posts, read 99,929 times
LOOK at ME!, hey, LOOK AT ME!! hey, NO REALLY, LOOK at ME!!!!!!!! I think you need to go away now. Cancel membership.
The end!

Old 08-11-2013, 05:48 AM

239 posts, read 594,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I guess you don't get the concept of FB . . . it's for communicating with others . . . you can hide your niece. If everyone was like you and posted nothing, there would be no such application as Facebook.

How is it hurting you what others do or don't do? If it's not for you, delete your account and take up knitting or something.
Communicating with others is one thing. Constantly posting every single move is way too much information. And you DO realize their is a happy medium between posting nothing and posting every single move, don't you?

I don't think the OP is advocating never posting anything on FB...just toning things down a little bit.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I kinda want Myspace back.
I know what you mean I think. You miss the good old days when social media was nothing but young cool people who used it to fraternize and hook up.

A lot of my friends are using snapchat, but I don't really get that one. Plenty of Fish is far more entertaining to me than Facebook ever was. I dumped Facebook and don't miss it.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,254,834 times
It is annoying. I like the ignore option for that. I thought it was more for updates about interesting things going on in your life. I only post major things, funny things, etc. I always get a lot of comments or likes, and that's how I determine what sort of things to post. I mean I do agree you can not look or friend me if you don't like it and a person can't please everyone; but I also try not to be repetitive. A pet pic or a baby pic is great, but 86 of the same thing at once of anything is old. I have a friend who will take a pic of her 2 year old - OK, cool. But she will take 30 of them, same position, same outfit, but maybe the kid's head is tilted one inch in the next one. Then the next one her pinky is up instead of down. Then the next one her smile shows some teeth instead of all. Then the next one her elbow is bent. You get the point. I think it's simple to think of some etiquette when posting, and to not flood a person's stream, but some poeple don't really get how it works either.

I like facebook for communicating, seeing what goes on in people's lives, and keeping in touch. I do find it annoying when it's just meme's and these people I used to be so close to don't seem to know how to actually make any personal connections or type "how are you" and have a real conversation. (They don't have cell phones or want to use snail mail either - believe me I'd love snail mail!)

Old 08-12-2013, 09:56 AM

4,243 posts, read 7,154,509 times
I got into this....'Road 20 miles on my bike"...yay....or "great food place here", or stuff like that. It really got inane...like why am I doing this!? Who cares? Equally inance stuff from the FB friends (or boring family stuff).

I am once again trying to delete my account. FB says it will be deleted next week. We'll see.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM

4,243 posts, read 7,154,509 times
Quote:
really hate when people take pics of their food Really? You are sitting in a restaurant (or home) and snap a photo of your food???
...very much the thing to do, sort of a foodie-meets-hipster thang.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 AM

117 posts, read 201,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have Facebook, and I look at it daily, but rarely post anything, maybe respond if someone directly asks me something. One of my "friends" is my niece, who is in her early 20's. I love my niece, although I almost never see her. Well she takes up about 75% of what is written daily on the account. She is also very very religious which is obvious by her postings. The thing that really gets me is she posts pictures of herself, either alone, with her husband, with her dog or with friends. There is at least 1 picture a day, sometimes 3-4. I have never known anyone in my life that takes more pictures of themselves and then on top of it posts them. I'll give you an example. Today there is a picture of her in her pajamas on the floor with her pitbull dog, and 4 pictures of her with various people at an ulgy sweater party. She talked about her back pain and staying in bed all day on pain pills, that she has her period as well, that God blessed her and she was given a Starbucks gift card, and then she was doubly blessed when they didn't charge her for the coffee because she had to wait so long. Is it just me or do you find it ridiculous when people have to write about where they are going to, what they are doing, how they feel, what is going on in their life, and numerous other things daily?
Yeah but what does it say about people who religiously (pardon the pun) follow this mundanity?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM

43 posts, read 136,886 times
I deleted my account last year and feel like a huge weight has been lifted. What did it in for me was the "worlds colliding" aspect. Suddenly, my high school friends, college friends, co-workers and family members were all in one place and the fact that I'm a pretty private person creeped me out a bit about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships