Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:01 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
So tired of hearing about it-- wayyyy too many threads on the topic. Here is a reality check:

1. Human beings I want to get in touch with will call/text/email me WITHOUT REGARD to my status on this site.
2. No one cares about the excruitating minutae of your every boring thought, feeling or gas pain.
3. There are much more important things to do with your life than worry about Facebook.

I have some technogeek friends who always have the latest gadet, account or whatever and they drive me wild with this crap (and even they say FB is passe', but I digress). I get why people use it- its convenient. But puhlease! A little less obsessiveness. NO ONE CARES. You are only making that freak Mark Zuckerberg rich.
For me personally...I have a few friends in the real world and in real life...Facebook is SO, SO, trivial and unnecessary, but hey, what do I know?

Best regards, sincerely,

HomeIsWhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
So tired of hearing about it-- wayyyy too many threads on the topic. Here is a reality check:

1. Human beings I want to get in touch with will call/text/email me WITHOUT REGARD to my status on this site.
2. No one cares about the excruitating minutae of your every boring thought, feeling or gas pain.
3. There are much more important things to do with your life than worry about Facebook.

I have some technogeek friends who always have the latest gadet, account or whatever and they drive me wild with this crap (and even they say FB is passe', but I digress). I get why people use it- its convenient. But puhlease! A little less obsessiveness. NO ONE CARES. You are only making that freak Mark Zuckerberg rich.
So true and over it. Yet I on it as it the only way to contact some friends. What can also be annoying is when someone takes pictures of you and post it on facebook. I can have the option of not allowing my photo to be tagged yet my photo is still up there on facebook.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 AM

216 posts, read 589,699 times
I like having FB. It's a daily 60 second Internet stop to catch up on everything I do and do not need to know.

I've learned many things there:

Which 'Friends' have poor spelling skills. Who uses improper punctuation. Who thinks everything they do is exciting. Who enjoys photos of dressed up cats or dogs. Who 'hearts' their daughter. Etc, etc. Very insightful and riveting! (Said tongue-in-cheek) LOL!

That being said, on the upside, I am able to keep in touch with many of my cousins and friends scattered around the U.S. The good truly does outweigh the bad for me.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Wow...people need to get a life. All this strong reaction to a Website.

For all of you who are way too "cool" for FB...there are 20 mil of us that wonder.....why you care?

Methink ye doth protest too much.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,413,567 times
People use it for all kinds of purposes. Like cheaply keeping contact with acquaintances abroad, or making plans with family living far afield. For people like me it's the most convenient cheapest medium through which to do these things. So why don't you just live and let live and if you don't want to have anything to do with it, DON'T.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM

23 posts, read 42,706 times
I LOVE facebook. I am very selective and I only have 52 friends, and these are mostly friends and relatives from Europe that I regularly keep in touch with only through facebook. It is so much better and cheaper than using the phone or sending stuff through the mail. My cell phone is not hooked up to the internet, so I'm really not obsessed with it, checking it every 5 minutes or so, but I do log on every evening to just check on things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships