Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM

371 posts, read 1,210,887 times

Advertisements

I think that saying you are constantly not feeling well to avoid going out is a strong sign of depression. I had several friends go through that and they all were constantly saying they couldnt go somewhere bc they were sick. I guess it depends on how much you are willing to deal with the real problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
She's probably tired of having you ask her for help. I've had "friends" like that who would just ask and ask for help, don't want to hang out together or do things together, only show up on my doorstep when they need something...really just taking advantage of me. Sometimes it was easier to say no and give the excuse that I wasn't feeling well, before I realized that I didn't owe them any explanation when I said no.
You bring up a good point. The OP wasn't very specific in her post, but she did mention she was annoyed that this friend wouldn't help her with something. Well maybe she was asking her to help her move heavy furniture or some other difficult task.

Years ago I had relatives who are very well off get annoyed when I refused to help them move out of their home while it was being remodeled(this is a house that at the time was valued at close to a million dollars) while they rented another house.

Sorry, I'm not straining my back when you can more than afford movers. They asked people they knew to help them move. I moved a few times and always got movers, and didn't have anything close to what they had in wealth.

There are people who make unreasonable requests and get their nose out of joint when you don't comply.

You're the bad guy if you don't want to loan them money or get a hernia playing moving man.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:56 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I simply asked her to drive by and look at something for me I even offered to pay her gas money and she even asks what can I do for you to help you and im not the only one she does this too .We are a group of friends and most of the group has given up on being friends with her . I think it is because when she asks us to do something and we do it she says thanks and if i can ever do anything for you which from her now is an empty offer and I have already decided that I most likely will be stepping out of her life . I just hope one day she realizes how lucky she was to have us as friends and threw that opportunity away .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships