Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 PM

867 posts, read 1,588,334 times

Advertisements

So, we all know by now that life is not fair.

But what really gets me is seeing people who are mean & cruel & rude, have good things happen to them.

I've heard of good people having bad things happen to them, but what about bad people having good things happen to them?

How do you all handle this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I think they THINK they have it good, but they're missing out on loving relationships, and the satisfaction that comes from actually being good to people.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 PM

436 posts, read 670,955 times
What is there to handle? Life is random. Part of growth is gaining wisdom and learning what is and isn't worth sweating over.

You need to nurture your own garden.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
All you are focusing on is the surface, people that dont treat others well are not happy people. I have learned as I got older that eventually things catch up to people. My husband's youngest sister is really a trip. I think the reason she has been given so many opportunities is because she is attractive. She has lied, stole, manipulates, is rude and well...I could go on and on. Great things just seem to fall in her lap. When she does wrong, it all just seems to work out in her favor. Its kind of amazing really. I spent quite a few years feeling bitter towards her, then I realized things are not what they seem. Sure she lucked out and had great opportunities but she is one miserable person. She has some mental issues, has been in therapy for over 5 yrs, always on the brink of divorce, hates her job and her kids have major problems. If you met her though, you would think she has it all.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:36 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,426,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_link View Post
What is there to handle? Life is random. Part of growth is gaining wisdom and learning what is and isn't worth sweating over.

Great advice! Focus on yourself first. Try to learn and improve yourself and not try to measure yourself to other people as it just doesn't work or make sense as you never know all the details so to speak.

As you grow older, more of this makes perfect sense. I would try to stay away from toxic people as well as all they do is bring you down to their levels.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 AM

I know a lady who has herpes and sleeps with guys but doesn't tell them she has it. So far, no one has come back to tell her she has passed it on, or at least she hasn't said anything about it. She used to be on match dot com and would lie about her age to get younger men. The fact that she slept with guys so quickly, made those guys happy but none of those guys stayed very long.

This same lady is aways talking about people and uses her position to find out stuff about people's salary (she is an executive secretary). I know this because she has told me.

It just seemed to me that she pretends to be friends with people only to get information that she can use against them.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 AM

662 posts, read 1,260,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
I know a lady who has herpes and sleeps with guys but doesn't tell them she has it. So far, no one has come back to tell her she has passed it on, or at least she hasn't said anything about it. She used to be on match dot com and would lie about her age to get younger men. The fact that she slept with guys so quickly, made those guys happy but none of those guys stayed very long.

This same lady is aways talking about people and uses her position to find out stuff about people's salary (she is an executive secretary). I know this because she has told me.

It just seemed to me that she pretends to be friends with people only to get information that she can use against them.
Wow, that's just sick! I would report her to the health department. That's playing with peoples lives.
The wrong guy might take it in his own hands for payback on something like that.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
So, we all know by now that life is not fair.

But what really gets me is seeing people who are mean & cruel & rude, have good things happen to them.

I've heard of good people having bad things happen to them, but what about bad people having good things happen to them?

How do you all handle this?
catlink answers these questions perfectly. besides just because you judge someone to be unworthy doesn't make it universally true. most people have both a good and a bad side, with one that outweighs the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_link View Post

Quote:

what does this lady have to do with the op? did she win the lotto? how is it your business how many men she sleeps with? how this lady handles her sex lif is not your business. hopefully she uses protection, should she tell? sure she should. but unless you are sleeping with her then the only thing you can do when it comes up is to remind her to tell her partners and make sure she uses protection. as for lots of people on match dot come lie about their age or their height. big deal my bet is lots of human resource and others in positions with access look up and see all kinds of things that are personal.
if you don't like someone for their moral values don't hang out with them. easy

Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 AM

hothulamaui,

what are your thoughts on life not being fair? how do you handle what you see as unfairness?

Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
hothulamaui,

what are your thoughts on life not being fair? how do you handle what you see as unfairness?
What's there to handle? Mind your own business. You have no idea the truth of other people's lives, so keep your eyes to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships