Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM

4 posts, read 6,709 times

Advertisements

Well I'm in 12th grade and there is this girl that is 6/10 in looks and I happened to accidentally read her journal she left on the floor. It was about her having a crush on me ever since I talked to her a couple times in math class (well that was because I was attracted to her friend who is a 9/10 in looks; others like her too).

3 of my friends saw it and they started teasing me about it. The girl obviously came back and in order to avoid looking like a fool, I told her
''I think this belongs to you but you need to fix yourself for a guy to date you, take off the glasses and those braces'' and then don't know why I did it but just started laughing (I guess to make myself look cool with my friends).

Anyways that was about 3 months ago. Recently we're suppose to do a science project and I was chosen in her group. Honestly, I feel bad. I'm getting to know her more and was starting to initiate a conversation but she said ''If we're gonna talk it's only gonna pertain to the school project, don't think I've forgotten it jerk''.

I know this might sound silly, but I'm kinda missing her. I'm not saying it out of pity. I would want to hang out with her but she must be hating me by now.

I'm starting to like her now. I know, I know. I messed up. I think I would be helpful some girls' opinion. If a guy did that to you, what exactly would take you to give him a second chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM

I know I don't deserve her but girls, what would you like to hear? I did told her how I messed up and regret it but it's not good enough. She still hates me.

What will it take?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
1) Stop "rating" people on a numerical scale. You are no better than anyone else, which I guess you've figured out by now.

2) Be a human. She's a person, and so are you. So how would you want someone to act towards you? Then do that.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
1) Stop "rating" people on a numerical scale. You are no better than anyone else, which I guess you've figured out by now.

2) Be a human. She's a person, and so are you. So how would you want someone to act towards you? Then do that.
I know, which is why I feel terrible. I'm getting to the point where I don't care about looks that much anymore. Some of the 8-9/10 I've dated turned out to either be arrogant (one even cheated on me) or they're boring to talk to.

I'm not better. I'm a guy who made a mistake and would do anything to fix it, to make her like me again, to spend time with this girl. I wish there was a way. There has to be a way.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 PM

Do you really want to get to know her, or are you just feeling guilty?

Just be kind to her, just like you should with everyone you come across during the day.

You don't want to overplay it. You may not be able to make it better. The best you can do might just be to apologize, but you may never get her to treat her the way you think you should be.

When you stop referring to people on the hotness scale, you will be on your way.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Do you really want to get to know her, or are you just feeling guilty?
No, I'm being honest this time. While I do feel terrible about what I did, I'm starting to like her at the same time.
Quote:
You don't want to overplay it. You may not be able to make it better. The best you can do might just be to apologize, but you may never get her to treat her the way you think you should be.
I did but she was still mad about it.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,348,456 times
Write her a letter. Post it here for us to help you edit. I'm afraid if you don't let us help you with it you'll end up accidentally saying something insulting in it. Explain everything from the beginning when you found the journal. Leave out the 6/10 crap. Focus on the fact that you like her and want to get to know her. Admit that you were an evil jerk to act the way you did. I'm telling you to try something with her in writing because I think she is into that stuff, I mean she keeps a detailed journal.. If she still turns you down, take it as a lesson learned to be kinder to people and to beware of burning bridges. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I'm telling you to try something with her in writing because I think she is into that stuff, I mean she keeps a detailed journal.. If she still turns you down, take it as a lesson learned to be kinder to people and to beware of burning bridges. Good luck.
This is a good idea. ^^^

Beware, though, she could use anything you put in writing to humiliate you the way you did her with her journal.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,317 times
If your apology wasn't very good, you can try it again, and really explain why you acted that way if you can. Otherwise, just be a good person. Be helpful and friendly, but not over the top. That's about all you can do. She has to figure out for herself that you're a better person than you appeared to be in that moment. You can't make her see that, but you can make it easier for her to see it. This isn't like in a movie where the jerky guy does some big gesture and she finally sees that he really has a heart of gold. That's nonsense, and she'll probably be able to tell if you're acting fake just to impress her. Just be a good person because that's who you want to be. If it changes her mind, great! If not, you've still learned something about yourself, which is pretty valuable in itself.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,348,456 times
Quote:
This is a good idea. ^^^

Beware, though, she could use anything you put in writing to humiliate you the way you did her with her journal.
I thought of that too and even think it would be good to put a line about that in the letter itself. Putting himself in such a vulnerable position should show her he's serious about liking her. And of course don't put anything in the letter you'd be terribly embarrassed by, but really if she does take the revenge route there shouldn't be much for the guy to be ashamed of other than his initial mean behavior toward the poor girl. He certainly shouldn't be humiliated by the fact that he changed his mind and decided he likes her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships