U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,560,372 times

Advertisements

Guangzhou is where he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM

6,716 posts, read 6,577,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Guangzhou is where he is.
Chinese men consider Guangzhou women ugly lol They are Cantonese.
Most overseas Chinese are from that area.

He needs to be careful. That city is famous for frauds and scandals. Weather is good though, somehow like Miami.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM

592 posts, read 662,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Haven't read all the posts, but, I didn't think he would plan on moving to China, but, would bring the lady here if they decide to be a couple. Isn't she online in hopes of coming to America? Maybe I'm mistaken, but, figured he met her on a site like that. If she comes to the states, it will be interesting for your son to eventually travel to China. Few have such opportunities.
An American friend of mine met a lady from China on-line who had a good career in China. They eventually got married and have been living together in Shanghai for the past four years.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
An American friend of mine met a lady from China on-line who had a good career in China. They eventually got married and have been living together in Shanghai for the past four years.
Thats great! Maybe he will do the same!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post

He needs to be careful. That city is famous for frauds and scandals. Weather is good though, somehow like Miami.
This is interesting....

Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM

838 posts, read 1,015,294 times
Yankee girl I share your pain!!!!

Only it is my father in law not my ex, who is looking to marry his new online China girlfriend who he met only last month and is only 22 years old (he is in his mid 60's, and his wife just died in Nov 2012, so yes he met her online only a couple weeks after his last wife died). So, in this case, the new wife will be over 15 years younger than his biological children. I think it is wierd and creepy! But if it makes him happy, whatever...thank God he is NOT my Dad! He is an embarassment to his sons, and I feel bad for my husband, his oldest son! And my husband is 40 and knows better than to think that Chinese girls are all that...I can only hope at 14 your son can feel the wierdness of the situation, and just roll his eyes and know this is not what normal people do!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

Only it is my father in law not my ex, who is looking to marry his new online China girlfriend who he met only last month and is only 22 years old (he is in his mid 60's, and his wife just died in Nov 2012, so yes he met her online only a couple weeks after his last wife died). So, in this case, the new wife will be over 15 years younger than his biological children. I think it is wierd and creepy! But if it makes him happy, whatever...thank God he is NOT my Dad! He is an embarassment to his sons, and I feel bad for my husband, his oldest son! And my husband is 40 and knows better than to think that Chinese girls are all that...I can only hope at 14 your son can feel the wierdness of the situation, and just roll his eyes and know this is not what normal people do!
Oh wow!!
I guess she is desperate to get over here, and he is a perve.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 PM

16,992 posts, read 20,622,433 times
Quote:

I would check into this before you and your family end up on Dateline NBC or 48 Hours.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 AM

6,716 posts, read 6,577,635 times
Quote:

Let me tell you something:

(1) In China very few people are fluent in English, so probably someone else met your father in law online, on behalf of that woman.
(2) If she is fluent in English, she must have good education. Why would an educated young girl "date" an old foreign man online? I've never seen that in China.
(3) In cities, a woman of that age has no sibling. Do you think her parents would allow her, their only daughter, to do so?

So there are two possibilities.
(1) That woman is a peasant who does not speak much English. She wants to marry an American to change her life. Her age may be fake.
(2) The whole thing is a fraud. Your father in law will lose money in China. This kind of thing actually happens.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM

525 posts, read 951,444 times
You do know what www means, don't you?

World Wide Web

And you do know what year this is, don't you?

People are connecting with people from all over the world. Would it be bizarre that in 2013 with the World Wide Web that two people from two different countries would meet and a possible love spark would occur?

Or can it just be cousins (I'll be nice and add "or neighbors")in the same city in TN that can have love interests?

All in all I hope everything works out good, I hope he is safe and happy and same to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships