U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:23 AM

14,752 posts, read 28,480,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I'm betting your remark, and subsequent petty exchange, pretty much did away with the whole 'Norman Rockwell' experience of it all!
ANOTHER "usually" perceptive poster who missed the mark. Why is that? We have a history of not liking each other. That's why. The comment was NOT about people, but a SOCIAL phenomenon, particularly in places with a lot of protocols. It was a comment about the MODERN WORK PLACE, duties, boundaries, and ruckus that is raised when someone is asked to do something that deviates from a prescribed routine.

to you.

Everybody laughed, and it was about the "not often seen" balancing of a one year old by a postal office salesperson. The person who broke the silence, the Bellevue equivalent of "Housewives of (x)," needed to be put in her place. I had to leave, otherwise she would have gotten more of an earful, since I was sick of hearing anti-California comments. Now, THAT was the inappropriate comment ... the one about California.

Then, you know all those ladies pipelined from MN and WI to populate Seattle would rather trade in Sven for a dark-haired guy. Look at how boring their offspring looks. I'll bet her cabana boy is dark-haired.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Neither did the Germans in WWII, and you know how popular they were!
That's why I don't like to travel on Lufthansa, because they are too stern.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 AM

333 posts, read 254,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's why I don't like to travel on Lufthansa, because they are too stern.
Yeah, but the stewardesses are pretty hot.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 AM

13,293 posts, read 12,745,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
Sounds to me like you're one of the sheeple out there who allows themselves to get walked on?

If someone mouths off to you and you're not going to mouth back, that, in PUA parlance, makes you a beta.
PUA parlance.

Quote:
That is only bullying or harassment if your're some thin-skinned weakling who crumples up and dies whenever something doesn't go away.
Says the guy who gave into emotion and decided to yell insults because someone was 'rude' to him. ROFL

Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
PUA parlance.

Says the guy who gave into emotion and decided to yell insults because someone was 'rude' to him. ROFL
The different responses are interesting and each person treats theirs as gospel. I've gotten private thumbs up feedback, but most of the posters here are negative. On my local board, my feedback has been two-thrids positive, but the people there are very thick-skinned on there.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM

42,571 posts, read 41,290,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you posted the same question on your local boards and got the responses you wanted, why are you posting it here?

Seriously, how much affirmation does one human need?

OP, you are the biggest baby of all.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Seriously, how much affirmation does one human need?

OP, you are the biggest baby of all.
These boards are for discussion, aren't they?

Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but the stewardesses are pretty hot.
Alitalia or Air France every day of the week ... and twice on Sundays. I'll pass on LH.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Alitalia or Air France every day of the week ... and twice on Sundays. I'll pass on LH.
Any of those airlines are head and shoulders above the displaced Harvest House Cafeteria workers you find on any American airline. When was the last time you saw a hot stewardess on an American carrier?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,947,652 times
Quote:
You people tend to be more thin skinned on this board than other boards. I posted the same question on my local boards and two thirds of the people are giving me a thumbs up. Like I said, we Europeans don't take crap.
Wow, so not only do you think that it is "hilarious" to start trouble in a supermarket and heckle a cashier, you also have nothing better to do but tell strangers what you did on seveeral message boards, while imagining yourself as this person who "stands up for yourself".

I'll tell you what, if you tried that at my supermarket, and I was in line, I would call you out, and I'd like to see you stand up for yourself then, punk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships