U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,983,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
LMAO . I am in my 40's ...
So you are an immature 40 something.

Do you think that is something to be proud about?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 PM

3,237 posts, read 4,556,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So you are an immature 40 something.

Do you think that is something to be proud about?
40 acting like 14.

If he pulled that prank down here in the south, he'd get a Texas sized ***** whoopin!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,983,897 times
Quote:
Just curious what the differences would be. I would say that 2/3 supported me on the local boards, nobody supports me here on the "my feelings get hurt too easily" boards. Just an experiment, of sorts.
You managed to attract non-regulars such as myself to this subforum.

I believe that this is the first thread in this subforum in which i have posted.

You call those who disagree with what you did "thin skinned". Look at my posting history - I am a regular of the politics forum and I recognize many posters on this thread from that forum as well.

It is impossible to survive very long in the politics forum unless one has a thick skin, the ability to let put downs roll off their back, and stay in the fray.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM

31,399 posts, read 19,811,577 times
Quote:
You people tend to be more thin skinned on this board than other boards. I posted the same question on my local boards and two thirds of the people are giving me a thumbs up. Like I said, we Europeans don't take crap.
I don't take "crap" either. It's an issue of class. You chose to heckle, I would have chosen to call management and explain what I found unacceptable.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 PM

14,752 posts, read 28,546,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't take "crap" either. It's an issue of class. You chose to heckle, I would have chosen to call management and explain what I found unacceptable.
I had a similar situation as this. There was a Safeway I shopped at in my neighborhood, and who would also develop some film for me. There was this one cashier I didn't like. She was curt and sullen. Safeway is amazing - usually, the people who work there will drop everything to walk you to find something ... that's why they charge more. At any rate, this chick was working the customer service/photo counter. I went there to pick up some photos. She was having difficulty with my last name and said she couldn't find them. I had called earlier and someone told me they were in. She lost her composure, stormed off into the office, adjacent to the area, and another girl came to the counter, listened to my name, and handed me the packet of photos. I think the initial chick had mental problems, which others probably accommodated, and she was a dupe of Sharon Stone's "eat nails for breakfast" girlfriend "Roxy" in "Basic Instinct." I got pissed but kept my cool and reported it to the regional office. I was then called by the store manager who seemed miffed at me for not talking to him. No. Your store has a morale or customer service "problem" and regional needs to hear about it. After that, I either went into a line other than "Roxy's" or, if I got her at the quick check, she did her best to maintain her composure.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:40 PM

20,070 posts, read 14,390,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I had a similar situation as this. There was a Safeway I shopped at in my neighborhood, and who would also develop some film for me. There was this one cashier I didn't like. She was curt and sullen. Safeway is amazing - usually, the people who work there will drop everything to walk you to find something ... that's why they charge more. At any rate, this chick was working the customer service/photo counter. I went there to pick up some photos. She was having difficulty with my last name and said she couldn't find them. I had called earlier and someone told me they were in. She lost her composure, stormed off into the office, adjacent to the area, and another girl came to the counter, listened to my name, and handed me the packet of photos. I think the initial chick had mental problems, which others probably accommodated, and she was a dupe of Sharon Stone's "eat nails for breakfast" girlfriend "Roxy" in "Basic Instinct." I got pissed but kept my cool and reported it to the regional office. I was then called by the store manager who seemed miffed at me for not talking to him. No. Your store has a morale or customer service "problem" and regional needs to hear about it. After that, I either went into a line other than "Roxy's" or, if I got her at the quick check, she did her best to maintain her composure.
Regional office? Overreaction!

Man, if I reported and/or confronted every freakin' person who ever did a rotten job, was having a bad day or bad attitude, I wouldn't have time to do anything else! And I'd probably have high BP, and all sorts of health issues. Instead, I am the picture (and blood chemistry) of health and wellness.

Freakin' A (Type A), man! Let it go!!!

And yea, I usually don't get along with your type. I'd venture to guess the same for you as well! Thus, the contrast in our relationship history, rep amounts, etc., etc.

Last edited by picklejuice; 02-10-2013 at 03:52 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,463,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
40 acting like 14.

If he pulled that prank down here in the south, he'd get a Texas sized ***** whoopin!
Agree. Anywhere in the South that would not be acceptable behavior. He also said something about people on his local forum being against him because they "play for the wrong team". Does that mean women? If so, I would imagine he is single and will remain so until his attitude changes, and he quits being a bully.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:12 PM

333 posts, read 255,119 times
Quote:
Wow, so not only do you think that it is "hilarious" to start trouble in a supermarket and heckle a cashier, you also have nothing better to do but tell strangers what you did on seveeral message boards, while imagining yourself as this person who "stands up for yourself".

I'll tell you what, if you tried that at my supermarket, and I was in line, I would call you out, and I'd like to see you stand up for yourself then, punk.
There is no question that people on this board are more thin-skinned on these boards than they are on others. Everything is heavily moderated, and topics and comments that don't follow the PC mindset get closed. I am a 15 year veteran of message boards, so I can say this with a lot of authority.

Second, I fished this out to several locales for a reason. First was to test what kind of responses I would get in different venues. On Moderator cut: snip, I more than 60% to 67% of the regulars there saw no problem with it and of the people who weren't on board, you can count on two of those to be against me because they don't like me.

Family event today with over 30 people (newphew's birthday party). Most Italians, Brazillians, Greeks and other Mediterraneans there. Most thought it was hilarious. Nobody went off crying and got offended because I handed it to the Kroger girl. Most thought she was stupid for not letting it slide.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 02-11-2013 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to specific site

Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 PM

333 posts, read 255,119 times
Quote:
You managed to attract non-regulars such as myself to this subforum.

I believe that this is the first thread in this subforum in which i have posted.

You call those who disagree with what you did "thin skinned". Look at my posting history - I am a regular of the politics forum and I recognize many posters on this thread from that forum as well.

It is impossible to survive very long in the politics forum unless one has a thick skin, the ability to let put downs roll off their back, and stay in the fray.
I don't know about anybody specifically posting here, but I do know that my experience on City-Data has been one of people running to the moderators whenever something wasn't worded to agree with their particular sensibilities. That's not the world I live in.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM

14,752 posts, read 28,546,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Regional office? Overreaction!

Freakin' A (Type A), man! Let it go!!!
Hint: pictures developed means this was a while ago. I don't normally do this. She ("Roxy") was repeatedly a "problem." I didn't feel like locating the manager. I was in a hurry. Instead, I got the customer service number while on the web while on my lunch hour and kicked out a quick letter. That chick was symptomatic of a bigger problem there, and I wanted them to know.

This sort of thing rarely happens. I'd say 95% of the people in stores, restaurants, or coffeehouses I frequently patronize like me because I BS with them, and they with me. One girl from the Northeast who found herself in the PacNW and was homesick used to like talking to me, and sometimes wouldn't charge me for all my items in the cafe' section of the store. I was fully willing to pay, but the transaction had already been rung up and she gave me this "forget about it" look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships