U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM

864 posts, read 1,433,778 times

Advertisements

Recently I've been making an effort to be more self aware of who I connect with and choose friendships wisely, and I've come to realize that I have a very strong preference who are fairly reclusive and averted to the social norm. This is no longer a product of angst, I have evolved into having this preference and am pretty satisfied with it.
I guess what I'm getting at here is I'm curious about the reasoning behind why others feel this way and how other reclusive people conduct themselves socially.
Any insight is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,927,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
Recently I've been making an effort to be more self aware of who I connect with and choose friendships wisely, and I've come to realize that I have a very strong preference who are fairly reclusive and averted to the social norm. This is no longer a product of angst, I have evolved into having this preference and am pretty satisfied with it.
I guess what I'm getting at here is I'm curious about the reasoning behind why others feel this way and how other reclusive people conduct themselves socially.
Usually recluses avoid other people generally speaking, so I am not sure what you mean.

Nothing wrong really, but you are probably being extremely picky about selecting friends, so how do you do it? Do you find them through your hobbies or personal interests?

Just to give you an idea, I have found close friends through school and work over the years.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 PM

12,886 posts, read 15,435,478 times
Rcsligar..welcome to the world of the non conforming..... reclusive really, only from societies expectations or what the mass deems is the norm..reclusive people conduct themselves socially when they have to, when it's the only way to get things done, when there's no escaping it....then they're out, and back to being their real eccentric selves....I find eccentricities are very colorful to me....and I love color.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 PM

1,232 posts, read 2,537,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I congratulate you on your path to self discovery. Just try to remember that the other end of the spectrum 'extrovert' or gregarious type needs your respect and kindness as well. Ying and Yang.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,555,537 times
Remember, the quiet ones are always the most dangerous. We are always plotting and thinking....

Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 PM

122 posts, read 291,873 times
ummm,... I find the reclusive or introvert to be more self-reliant. While they are not the life of the party, they do not demand maintenance nor attention. If I'm bored, an extrovert can provide the cure. However, after much experience, I will settle any day with an introvert for less drama so I can sleep and rest easy with a predictable tomorrow.

I could write a book about all the crazy, creepy, weirdos whom have ruined my life and carriers. It may be a curse known only to me and maybe a good start for a new thread. I just don't know how we have come to build cities and modern inventions when 9 of 10 people are simply too eccentric to get along with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships