Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 AM

657 posts, read 716,636 times

Advertisements

father paid daughter to quit facebook

daughter call the site a waste of time and energy

I agree with the comment below. face book is destroying society.

dumpfacebook (signed in using yahoo)I deleted my farcebook account two years ago and haven't missed a minute of the narcissistic drivel there. If I had a 14 year old I wouldn't LET her have a FB account in the first place.
Reply · ·

http://www.vibe.com/article/father-p...-quit-facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM

365 posts, read 489,893 times
If you wouldn't let them have one a good chance they would rebel and want to have one even more. That's how it works as a teenager.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I spend more time on here than facebook...hmmmmmm...wonder what my wife would pay me...

LOL!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post

dumpfacebook (signed in using yahoo)I deleted my farcebook account two years ago and haven't missed a minute of the narcissistic drivel there. If I had a 14 year old I wouldn't LET her have a FB account in the first place.
If you haven't missed it, then why are you posting about it? . I'm just poking a stick at you, don't take it serious .

I deleted my account a few weeks ago and after a few days went by I started getting sad co-workers and former co-workers asking me why I took them off friends. After I told them that I deleted my account, then the questions started to roll in about why I would ever do such a thing. I find that drama is my main reason, people posted really stupid "updates" and it drove me crazy. It was funny in some aspects because people who I respected and thought were living a good life, turned out to be the most dramatic people that complained about everything. If I ever posted, it was something that would make people laugh, because why log on a website if you're just going to be depressed while reading everything? I don't understand it.

Privacy issues should be at the top of people's concerns and people post far too much revealing information about themselves on there. From posting home addresses to posting phone numbers and where you're working. I had a funny job description that I was a Hostage Negotiator at Burger King . Of course, I really didn't work there, or ever have in my life.

I guess I'll get back to the main subject you were talking about!

As far as getting paid to leave a website, I think it's ridiculous. People should make their own choices for themselves and shouldn't have to be influenced by money. The person who was paid to leave Facebook will just end up starting another account under another name and hiding it from their parents. Facebook is everywhere, it's actually quite annoying, even back when I was a member. It's sad that people spend all their time on there, but that is their choice, and that's the direction a lazier society has took. We spend more time online than interacting face to face. A first date now gets a text message, instead of a phone call.

If I had a teenager as a child, they would have to make their own choice on joining Facebook. I'm not forcing them to stay off the internet or a social network unless it lead them to doing dangerous things.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Facebook like anything else can be a good thing or totally time consuming. My Facebook account is so I can keep in touch with and see photos from friends and family I have scattered all over the world. I have seen them actually get into fights on there and post the most inane stuff. Fight on the internet? How odd. And I know some of them are on that thing 24 hours a day. WHY? Those who are my friends on Facebook are people I actually know, not some internet stranger.

Pay your kid to stop wasting time on the internet? That's just really strange to me. How about a little discipline and get involved with your kids life.

Anyway,as Jimmy Kimmel said last night, soon they'll just inject Facebook directly into our necks.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Facebook annoys me to no end. I can't believe the stuff people post on there. What they had for dinner, how many loads of laundry they did, that they're puking their guts up, that little Susie took a crap in her potty...political opinions, morbid depressing stuff about how awful and unfair their life is, bragging about how great their life is, ugh I could go on and on about the things that annoy me.

But some people do post really funny stuff, news articles I actually want to read, and it can be a good way to keep in touch with people especially when you have friends and family scattered all over the place. I probably have more people hidden than unhidden. If someone posts stuff I don't want to read then I hide them from my news feed. I also recently discovered the restricted list! So now I can keep people from seeing my page without deleting them. The best of both worlds!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 AM

657 posts, read 716,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
If you haven't missed it, then why are you posting about it? . I'm just poking a stick at you, don't take it serious .

I deleted my account a few weeks ago and after a few days went by I started getting sad co-workers and former co-workers asking me why I took them off friends. After I told them that I deleted my account, then the questions started to roll in about why I would ever do such a thing. I find that drama is my main reason, people posted really stupid "updates" and it drove me crazy. It was funny in some aspects because people who I respected and thought were living a good life, turned out to be the most dramatic people that complained about everything. If I ever posted, it was something that would make people laugh, because why log on a website if you're just going to be depressed while reading everything? I don't understand it.

Privacy issues should be at the top of people's concerns and people post far too much revealing information about themselves on there. From posting home addresses to posting phone numbers and where you're working. I had a funny job description that I was a Hostage Negotiator at Burger King . Of course, I really didn't work there, or ever have in my life.

I guess I'll get back to the main subject you were talking about!

As far as getting paid to leave a website, I think it's ridiculous. People should make their own choices for themselves and shouldn't have to be influenced by money. The person who was paid to leave Facebook will just end up starting another account under another name and hiding it from their parents. Facebook is everywhere, it's actually quite annoying, even back when I was a member. It's sad that people spend all their time on there, but that is their choice, and that's the direction a lazier society has took. We spend more time online than interacting face to face. A first date now gets a text message, instead of a phone call.

If I had a teenager as a child, they would have to make their own choice on joining Facebook. I'm not forcing them to stay off the internet or a social network unless it lead them to doing dangerous things.
lol i work near a school and you should see the amount of fights i have to try to break up because of facebook.

not my thing i don't face book

Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I only use facebook to see photos of relatives. What irritates me is facebook's determination to help me make friends. I don't want their help and I don't want their messages in my email.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
I just deactivated my account (of 4 years) last night. The sun still came up this morning.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Yet another thread demonizing Facebook. I'm not the most active FB user or defender but at the end of the day Facebook is a tool and it is up to you how much and to what extent you use that tool or if you use that tool at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships