U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM

8,080 posts, read 13,414,391 times

Advertisements

From a mom's point of view...

We never quit worrying about our kids..
They are always our babies in a way..
Maybe she is concerned because your life is not on track.

I would focus on why your life is not working ,
and quit blaming your mom..It's not like she is
at your door everyday, or calling that she is
sick when she isn't. Just read her texts, speak of her
kindly, forget about giving her contact rules, and
get your life in gear..

Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,116,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
What a plan! Just make sure your mother doesn't get hurt or dies on the weekend. Seriously you are such a child...no wonder the women aren't calling you. You have gotten tiresome and you don't really want any help...you just want to blame your mother because apparently no women are interested in you.

Well tonight I was talking to my mom and my line beeped and it was a female I'm interested in dating and i jumped off the line so fast I don't even think I said goodbye lol

I didn't mean to do that but when she said she was calling me back I didn't think she would and was shocked she beeped in

Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM

23,565 posts, read 33,287,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
From a mom's point of view...

We never quit worrying about our kids..
They are always our babies in a way..
Maybe she is concerned because your life is not on track.

I would focus on why your life is not working ,
and quit blaming your mom..It's not like she is
at your door everyday, or calling that she is
sick when she isn't. Just read her texts, speak of her
kindly, forget about giving her contact rules, and
get your life in gear..
From an son's point of view

We never quit worrying about our kids..- fine we accept this.

They are always our babies in a way..- Get your eyes or reality checked. We grow out of being babies.

Maybe she is concerned because your life is not on track. - What do you define "on track"?

Mom's need to realize that we have our own lives to lead and it is best to let us live them. We cannot live those lives if you are calling every 30 seconds, every day of the week. If you both agree to talk everyday fine. If we don't feel comfortable contacting you everyday, so be it. Don't take our desire to have a reasonable relationship that does NOT involve contact EVERY day as adult child to mother as a sign that we don't love you. After all, ain't yall the ones that told us too much of a good thing is never good?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,987,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
It just always seems like she calls the most when I met a new girl and want her to call. This has been happening since 2000 and it's almost like someone is purposely telling her to call me since I just met a girl I like a lot. And far as texting I thought that a text had to be important otherwise why would someone be texting?

BTW: She called me tonight at 11:30 and I stayed on the phone for 30 mins. Which means there will be no more contact until the weekend. She is also the type of person when you say "Goodnight" she keeps talking and I;m on the phone for 20 more minutes.

One day I just want to have 3 cell phones

One for business

One for dating

One for family

It is all about you and what YOU want, news flash: Tell the females you are dating what YOU WANT and let your Mother do what she wants no matter how much it annoys you. More than likely your Mother will be around a lot longer than those women you are lusting after.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is all about you and what YOU want, news flash: Tell the females you are dating what YOU WANT and let your Mother do what she wants no matter how much it annoys you. More than likely your Mother will be around a lot longer than those women you are lusting after.

Which is why I have to act fast and talk to any female who calls since it's a lot of competition out here.

So who should I talk to first when my dating life is in a drought?

My mom.........who I can talk to anytime

OR

a female who I may not get a chance to talk to again if I miss her call

Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

They are always our babies in a way..- Get your eyes or reality checked. We grow out of being babies.
I know that, and I give my adult kids lots of space...
but if one is sick or troubled I worry..It's a mom thing..
I am just saying that if she sees that the OP is depressed(not saying he is)
or struggling that she is probably trying to help..

Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Which is why I have to act fast and talk to any female who calls since it's a lot of competition out here.

So who should I talk to first when my dating life is in a drought?

My mom.........who I can talk to anytime

OR

a female who I may not get a chance to talk to again if I miss her call
What kind of crazy dating site are you on where it's a one call deal..
Answer or miss out..Am I that clueless about modern dating ?

But yes, its fine to tell your mom you are expecting a call and may need to catch it.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 PM

4,037 posts, read 9,162,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
So you want a man who is a total pushover when his mother is involved, dropping everything including the fine china to pick up the phone when mommy calls or texts and wants to discuss something that can be solved in two minutes but he is on the phone for two hours, never mind he just had dinner with her yesterday which he canceled a date with you to go to?

Have at it.
Wow. Just wow. That is one heck of a leap you just made.
Where did I say I wanted any of that. I wanted, and found, a kind man, who never took his mom for granted and always treated her with love and respect. We never lived close to her, and in those days, we didn't have cell phones and long distance as expensive, so he didn't talk to her often, but when she was lying in a nursing for years unable to speak, he missed their conversations.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
What kind of crazy dating site are you on where it's a one call deal..
Answer or miss out..Am I that clueless about modern dating ?

But yes, its fine to tell your mom you are expecting a call and may need to catch it.

The way dating is now most calls go to the next guy if she calls you and gets the voicemail. So in the evening that's what my phone line is open for since i have left my number in several boxes for a woman to call me.

Now I talked to my mom sat, monday, and tonight at 7pm. If she calls me tonight I will not talk to her until April. dead serious.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Now I talked to my mom sat, monday, and tonight at 7pm. If she calls me tonight I will not talk to her until April. dead serious.
You really need to grow up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships