U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

I have to ask her about her relationship with the guy because if she is so concerned about me then they must not be as close as I thought they were.

I figure he would occupy her mind and not have her wondering why I didn't call in 4 or 5 days.



BTW: I never forgot that my mom had a written contract waiting for me when I got out of college in 98 stating that I had to be moved out by June of 2000. I don't know if that was her husband's idea at the time but I never got it out of my system. So really she is in no position to ever wonder where I a or what I'm doing and should just wait for me to contact her back.

 
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Somewhere.
190 posts, read 323,648 times
Reputation: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I have to ask her about her relationship with the guy because if she is so concerned about me then they must not be as close as I thought they were.

I figure he would occupy her mind and not have her wondering why I didn't call in 4 or 5 days.



BTW: I never forgot that my mom had a written contract waiting for me when I got out of college in 98 stating that I had to be moved out by June of 2000. I don't know if that was her husband's idea at the time but I never got it out of my system. So really she is in no position to ever wonder where I a or what I'm doing and should just wait for me to contact her back.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Forum Therapy 101, we have a breakthrough!! I think OP finally realizes that no parent is perfect and there MAY be something going on that his anger and resentment over the past 15 years has closed his eyes to. Maybe, just maybe, those eyes are opening up now. I wonder, OP, now that this realization has come forth, do you think that it's possible that your resentment towards Mom is what's hindering your dating/romantic life? Hmmm?
 
Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by missesthebeaches View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen of Forum Therapy 101, we have a breakthrough!! I think OP finally realizes that no parent is perfect and there MAY be something going on that his anger and resentment over the past 15 years has closed his eyes to. Maybe, just maybe, those eyes are opening up now. I wonder, OP, now that this realization has come forth, do you think that it's possible that your resentment towards Mom is what's hindering your dating/romantic life? Hmmm?


All i know is she needs a HOBBY or a MAN or both-lol I found it sad that I had her on block all weekend and decided to remove the block on sunday afternoon. The 1st text that comes through that day?? Of course...my mother.

It's clear she is not in a relationship
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
 
Location: At the Lake (in Texas)
2,072 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Reputation: 5032
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No I mean that I will have to date older woman unless I hit the LOTTO. At 43 I won;t be able to date women in their 20's anymore, it will have to be 35 or older. And most woman in that age bracket who is a catch are already taken so my only other option will have to be a woman who has kids in college and separated.

Dating someone attractive without kids is almost over for me

OH MY DEAR GOD. Seriously. Are you really late 30s? I cannot believe the words you keep saying. I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Do you have some sort of mental disability? Seriously, do you? You have GOT to be one of the most shallow, ignorant and really clueless posters I have ever seen on these sites.

Your poor mother ... and yet she still wants to interact with you...bless her soul.
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 PM
 
Location: At the Lake (in Texas)
2,072 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Reputation: 5032
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
if its a real emergency someone can get me through facebook.

The purpose of the phone block is to prevent the reminder that my dating life needs work
Seriously? Guys, this poster must be a troll or else he REALLY is backwards. I don't know of ANYONE who thinks like this. His poor mother...
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
OH MY DEAR GOD. Seriously. Are you really late 30s? I cannot believe the words you keep saying. I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Do you have some sort of mental disability? Seriously, do you? You have GOT to be one of the most shallow, ignorant and really clueless posters I have ever seen on these sites.

Your poor mother ... and yet she still wants to interact with you...bless her soul.

I;m shallow because I want a LIFE instead of sitting on the phone with my mom everyday
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 PM
 
Location: At the Lake (in Texas)
2,072 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Reputation: 5032
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
First of all my situation is different from yours. My mom is 61, and I;m in my 30's and she is in good health. Now of course if I was in my 50's I would be in more contact with her because she would be close to 80. But this is not the case with me so I don't understand how your situation relates to mine.

There is a LOT you don't understand. I expect you never will if you are in your late 30s and are thinking like this -- I seiously hope you are just trolling to get a rise out of us because, if you really think like this, after all the serious responses you have gotten on this thread, you are NEVER going to change. You actually give men a bad name. I just cannot -- CANNOT -- believe the things you have written on this thread.
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Seriously? Guys, this poster must be a troll or else he REALLY is backwards. I don't know of ANYONE who thinks like this. His poor mother...

Her calling me on a Friday night does two things

1. Let me know she thinks I have nothing going on and will be available to pick up the phone

2. It's a reminder that I have nothing going on at the moment



So I rather work on that part of my life so when it improves i can be in position one day to call and SAY HEY MOM HOW ARE YOU?

Since she doesn't give me a chance to call her back it's hard for me to pick up the phone and call because of this unwritten rule of hers for me to stay in contact every other day. So that's why I had no choice but to block
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,641 posts, read 44,149,220 times
Reputation: 24972
My mom is a pain in the arse too. But I love that evil woman.
 
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
 
Location: At the Lake (in Texas)
2,072 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Reputation: 5032
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Her calling me on a Friday night does two things

1. Let me know she thinks I have nothing going on and will be available to pick up the phone

2. It's a reminder that I have nothing going on at the moment



So I rather work on that part of my life so when it improves i can be in position one day to call and SAY HEY MOM HOW ARE YOU?

Since she doesn't give me a chance to call her back it's hard for me to pick up the phone and call because of this unwritten rule of hers for me to stay in contact every other day. So that's why I had no choice but to block
Let me ask you something, in all seriousness: You are what, 38-39? Have you EVER had a serious relationship with a woman? How long did it last? I'm not talking about some "adult fun" as you called it...a real relationship. Just curious . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top