Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 AM

5 posts, read 6,881 times

Advertisements

My mom who has asthma & osteoporosis lives alone w/her dog, expects me to call her every day because she's afraid if she should fall or God Forbid pass away, she wouldn't be found for days, or whenever it was that she last spoke to someone. So that makes me feel guilty if I don't call her.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,088,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus1988 View Post
My mom who has asthma & osteoporosis lives alone w/her dog, expects me to call her every day because she's afraid if she should fall or God Forbid pass away, she wouldn't be found for days, or whenever it was that she last spoke to someone. So that makes me feel guilty if I don't call her.
Wow, what a pita you have to call and check on your mother everyday who lives alone. I feel so sorry for you. If my mom lived alone with health problems I would be calling her voluntarily everyday to check on her. My parents make my grandmother who lives alone call and check in everyday. I can't believe how many people don't want to be bothered with their parents. How sad.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Today was a prime example why I don't like her sending me text messages

Texting is not for DEATH ALERTS. I don't want that kind of news on my phone. So that's another example of her not knowing what to text.

save that mess for the phone or face to face

Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,617,596 times
Default Another stupid rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post

Texting is not for DEATH ALERTS. I don't want that kind of news on my phone. So that's another example of her not knowing what to text.

You have blocked your mom, by the time you get around to seeing her face to face, the dead person would already be in the ground.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,617,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Lesson folks. NEVER, EVER be friends with your parents on Facebook.
My three daughters are my Facebook friends and its fine. We usually laugh and enjoy ourselves. I don't overdo my stay there or go there each day or even each week. Its not a problem at all.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:31 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,617,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You have blocked your mom, by the time you get around to seeing her face to face, the dead person would already be in the ground.
I'm feeling terrible about this but you made me laugh..........( your so very right)

Old 04-13-2013, 04:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
My three daughters are my Facebook friends and its fine. We usually laugh and enjoy ourselves. I don't overdo my stay there or go there each day or even each week. Its not a problem at all.

Well I show a different side of myself on FB which is why I was hesitant about adding my mom as a friend.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:55 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
And that is fine for you. I don't need my mother to be all up in my like that.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,043,691 times
My husband and his daughter (who's in her mid 30s, married and has two children) have talked on the phone every day (except the years we lived in Europe) since she left home for college 18 years ago. They don't talk very long, only a few minutes to update or share a particular thing that happens to one or the other, or to the two grandchildren. They've always had a close relationship and have always treasured that special closeness. Neither of them would think twice about calling the other unless it's late night or too early in the morning.

My daughter, also in her mid 30s, also married but without children, calls us a couple of times a week unless she's in the middle of a heavy case load, and we would talk at least 15 minutes, sometimes much longer. In between the calls, she also leaves short messages every so often to say she loves us.

OTOH, my son, also in his mid 30s, is not married but lives with his SO, only calls his sister or me once every few months, although each call we receive from him would last an hour or more.

Intrusive, neglected, or necessary? It depends on the relationship and the personality of the people involved.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 04-14-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 06:37 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,979,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post

Good grief you have alot of FB,texting,phone & email rules..
When to contact , How to contact, what news should come by which means.

No one could keep it all straight !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.