U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,415,687 times
Reputation: 64029

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Wow. Just wow!
She's not supposed to tell you when someone you know dies? That is beyond self-centered. That is positively twisted. You might want to seek professional help. I think you are way beyond the limits of what strangers on the Internet could possibly help you with.
The funny thing is, he's not some 16 year old little punk, he's actually a 38 year old man and his only concern is to meet females who are willing to perform demeaning fetish acts for him. When you think about it, he'd have to have a lot of rules, as he isn't ready to have a sincere one on one relationship.

 
Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,116,507 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Wow. Just wow!
She's not supposed to tell you when someone you know dies? That is beyond self-centered. That is positively twisted. You might want to seek professional help. I think you are way beyond the limits of what strangers on the Internet could possibly help you with.

I rather her CALL me and tell me because death news is not TEXT MATERIAL.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 AM
 
Location: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
24,671 posts, read 58,119,644 times
Reputation: 26518
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I rather her CALL me and tell me because death news is not TEXT MATERIAL.
Maybe you could help confused respondents by advising exactly what you consider "text material". Details would be appreciated in order to help shed some light on the subject.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,116,507 times
Reputation: 9451
Acceptable text messages

1. Funny texts
2. Confirmation of scheduled events
3. Pleasant texts


Unacceptable text messages

1. Death news or anything that is considered Sad
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
 
Location: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
24,671 posts, read 58,119,644 times
Reputation: 26518
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am really getting tired of my mother texting me about stupid stuff everyday or calling to say nothing...
So i decided to put her on call block the rest of the day because I don't want any more texts from her the rest of the day or do I have any interest in talking on the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I think it's irritating because I;m thinking it's one of the females I met on a dating site and it turns out it's my mom. That's why I think it's better if she just calls me instead of texting. And see she doesn't text with a purpose. It's usually something that I have no interest in which increases the irritation level.

I have to tell her.........."Think about who are you texting and make sure what you are texting will be something they care about"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
The problem is she is a horrible texter and never text anything of importance. She treats texting like IM or email and that's not how you communicate through texting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
It just always seems like she calls the most when I met a new girl and want her to call... And far as texting I thought that a text had to be important otherwise why would someone be texting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
My new solution is she will be blocked on the weekends from texting or calling me. Then once I get the dating situated then the phone will be unblocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I didn't say it was her fault, I just don't want to talk to anyone right now but dating options. I can talk to my mother anytime
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
... If she calls me tonight I will not talk to her until April. dead serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well when she calls it doesn't let her now she is on block. She gets a recording saying........

"The person you are calling is unable to accept calls at this time"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I was saying I can't afford to waste anymore time talk to my mom when i should be getting to know certain women and going out.
Well, I'm not going through all these pages but this is just a sampler to demonstrate that your mother is basically damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. She texts you, you're irritated. She calls you, you're irritated. But you waffle back and forth saying she should call you about some things and text you about other things but everything is interchangeable depending on the mood that you're in. So it seems that you have absolutely no idea what she could possibly do which wouldn't irritate you. Could you maybe go back to square one and explain what your point is?
 
Old 04-15-2013, 04:53 PM
 
1,092 posts, read 2,884,928 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
depending on the mood that you're in.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

All of STT's post was spot on, but the above was in particular!



Philly, you could say:
"Mom, I'm really stressed out at the moment. Can you please not text me for the next few months? And only call if it's urgent?"

If my son doesn't respond to one of my texts, than I assume he's busy and I wait to hear from him unless there's something urgent. If you need the same from your mother, TELL HER.

I let my son call me when he needs me, and I make it clear I'm always available if it's urgent. I tend to hear from him when he has something he needs advice about. I rarely email him, because he tended to ignore them--I learned to give him his space fairly quickly.

The fact that you're angry that she gave you a deadline of 2 full years after graduating college to move out is ridiculous. I'm not going to hunt back through all the pages of this thread, but I think you stated that you graduated in 2000? Which would have made you around 27 when she expected you to move out.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,116,507 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
Ding! Ding! Ding!

All of STT's post was spot on, but the above was in particular!



Philly, you could say:
"Mom, I'm really stressed out at the moment. Can you please not text me for the next few months? And only call if it's urgent?"

If my son doesn't respond to one of my texts, than I assume he's busy and I wait to hear from him unless there's something urgent. If you need the same from your mother, TELL HER.

I let my son call me when he needs me, and I make it clear I'm always available if it's urgent. I tend to hear from him when he has something he needs advice about. I rarely email him, because he tended to ignore them--I learned to give him his space fairly quickly.

The fact that you're angry that she gave you a deadline of 2 full years after graduating college to move out is ridiculous. I'm not going to hunt back through all the pages of this thread, but I think you stated that you graduated in 2000? Which would have made you around 27 when she expected you to move out.

No I was 23 and the contract was for 25. And that's part of the reason why I'm not too crazy about showing her my new place and only been to my current place once in 13 years


She will never admit but I think her husband at the time was behind that contract nonsense. It never made sense because I had to find a job 1st.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
77,972 posts, read 69,907,126 times
Reputation: 75762
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus1988 View Post
My mom who has asthma & osteoporosis lives alone w/her dog, expects me to call her every day because she's afraid if she should fall or God Forbid pass away, she wouldn't be found for days, or whenever it was that she last spoke to someone. So that makes me feel guilty if I don't call her.
Tell her to sign up for one of those emergency help services, with the electronic buzzer thingie.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Western Colorado
11,053 posts, read 12,400,665 times
Reputation: 25951
I spoke to her every Sunday night. She died 20 years ago and I still miss her. You have no idea how fortunate you are.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM
 
5,683 posts, read 9,109,441 times
Reputation: 43719
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top