Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
OP you just sound like an annoying spoiled brat. Your mom deserves better. No offense. If your love life sucks it is not her fault, it is yours and if she's trying to call your/text you and its late, don't answer. I don't answer the phone after a certain hour. At that point if its an emergency, someone can text me and I'll call them. This applies for everyone not just my family.

This thread isn't about your mom or moms in general. I may talk to my mom often, even every day but this never hindered my dating life. She knew not to call me after a certain time and she knows that if I don't answer, I will eventually call her back.
The problem here is you, not her.
Seriously!
Stop whining.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:39 AM

190 posts, read 391,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am really getting tired of my mother texting me about stupid stuff everyday or calling to say nothing. Especially when I want it to be a text message from a girl I went on a date with and it turns out to be my mother. I just had dinner with my mom last night and this afternoon she is already texting me about something sports related when she is not even a real fan.

I mean if I was just with you last night then why do I need to talk to you today? I really want to have a separate number for her to call so i can have my regular number for everyone else. I'm already in a irritated mood because so far today I received two text messages and both were from her.

So i decided to put her on call block the rest of the day because I don't want any more texts from her the rest of the day or do I have any interest in talking on the phone.

Who needs to talk to their mother every damm day of the week?

I didn't read all of the replies to this post, at the risk of repeating myself let me just say...HOW SELFISH!! I, too, would get aggravated when I'd get a silly message or phone call from Mom (husband's mother, actually), but now, after 5 months and 9 days since she died, I'd give anything in this world to just have one more phone call, one more silly message, one more call back because she forgot to tell me something when we were just talking. One day you may just need your mom for something and guess what, she won't be there. One day your "pesky" mother will not be there for you to be aggravated by and when that day comes, I hope you are strong enough to forget the times you got aggravated by her calls, etc and move on with your life; the life she gave you by choice and the life she'd die for in a second as part of being your mom.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Since this thread is becoming an emotional bash-fest on the OP, I'd suggest he looks no further than this post for objective advice then exit the thread through the front door, stage right like I am.

1. Sit your mother down and look her in her eyes.
2. Talk very firmly about how the frequency of her contact is a problem. Insist you love her but there still are healthy boundaries that have to come into play. Tough love is what is needed here.
3. Insist the behavior will not be tolerated any further resulting in unreturned texts and calls if it continues.
4. Be ready to back up your word.

Alright, I gave you what you need. OP go and walk it out. Rest of the thread, commence calling me a sociopath, "Dissenter you cruel son of a", heartless b^#@@#d, etc for what I've said.

Have a nice day.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,217,238 times
Quote:
Because if my phone is ringing after 11pm I rather it be a girl or don't ring at all. She just has bad timing and always seems to call when I want a certain girl to call me. Yes I can call them but I wasn't in a iniatiting mood on sunday and wanted to fall back and see if she was thinking of me. So when I got a text I defintely wasn't expecting it to be my mom when I just had dinner with her the night before.

That is the main reason I was pissed off because I just spent 6 hours with her on saturday and she turns around and text me on Sunday??? Why not text her boyfriend instead and let me try to REPAIR my love life the best way I can
Who cares who you would rather it be ringing on the phone? You sound like a child. In fact I don't believe that an adult over 19 would even be having this conversation. Get over it and stop being pissed off at your mom for calling. There is no way her texting you impairs your ability to REPAIR your love life, are you kidding me? You have a very child-like way of thinking and assigning blame.

Apparently nothing anyone has said has made a difference in your thinking. Still blaming mommy for not being a hot chick calling you. This is not how stable maturing individuals approach life. This seems hard for you to start maturing as an adult and navigate delayed gratification. This is something you need to master to be happy and successful in your future. So let me spell it out for you:

Grow up:
Don't be mad at mommy when she calls. Blow it off or talk to her but don't get pissed.
Take care of business.
Don't be so needy.
Get your education finished.
Get a job.
Learn patience, anger management.
Emotionally mature
Spiritually mature

Maybe then women will be attracted to you and you will be happier

Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Who cares who you would rather it be ringing on the phone? You sound like a child. In fact I don't believe that an adult over 19 would even be having this conversation. Get over it and stop being pissed off at your mom for calling. There is no way her texting you impairs your ability to REPAIR your love life, are you kidding me? You have a very child-like way of thinking and assigning blame.

Apparently nothing anyone has said has made a difference in your thinking. Still blaming mommy for not being a hot chick calling you. This is not how stable maturing individuals approach life. This seems hard for you to start maturing as an adult and navigate delayed gratification. This is something you need to master to be happy and successful in your future. So let me spell it out for you:

Grow up:
Don't be mad at mommy when she calls. Blow it off or talk to her but don't get pissed.
Take care of business.
Don't be so needy.
Get your education finished.
Get a job.
Learn patience, anger management.
Emotionally mature
Spiritually mature

Maybe then women will be attracted to you and you will be happier

My new solution is she will be blocked on the weekends from texting or calling me. Then once I get the dating situated then the phone will be unblocked.

I need to address this dating situation now because I am annoyed that it's not going the way I planned. So I will talk to her during the week but nor the weekends.

That should take of that

Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
I get the fact that your mother is constantly calling you (mine does it to me and drives me up the wall.) But you can't blame her for the fact that you can't get a date. That's on you. Once you grow up and mature a bit and your mother is still calling you, then complain. In the meantime, your dating issues are your own fault.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I get the fact that your mother is constantly calling you (mine does it to me and drives me up the wall.) But you can't blame her for the fact that you can't get a date. That's on you. Once you grow up and mature a bit and your mother is still calling you, then complain. In the meantime, your dating issues are your own fault.

I didn't say it was her fault, I just don't want to talk to anyone right now but dating options. I can talk to my mother anytime

Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was her fault, I just don't want to talk to anyone right now but dating options. I can talk to my mother anytime
Maybe so, but it won't always be so. I have thought about this thread, and I will tell you that if I was diagnosed with a terminal disease my parents would take care of me. They would bathe me, feed me, change me, and do anything else I needed. Who else can you say this about? Would your mother do the same for you? If so, don't you think five minutes a day can be spared for her?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
My new solution is she will be blocked on the weekends from texting or calling me. Then once I get the dating situated then the phone will be unblocked.

I need to address this dating situation now because I am annoyed that it's not going the way I planned. So I will talk to her during the week but nor the weekends.

That should take of that
Weekends are blocked? Wow! if she has a job, the only convenient time for her to call you is weekends! What if there is an emergency? Sorry mom, we can only talk during business hours

Quote:

That is the most pathetic thing I have read on CD and that includes the slew of horrid stuff if the "relationships" section. I would never want to date someone who treated his mother like that. NEVER! If you have issues with your mother, you probably will have issues with women you date.

No wonder why you're single.

My mom's car just broke down and she called me to ask if I can google the # of a taxi company in her city. Helping my mom is the highlight of my day, which is otherwise full of work and studying.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:38 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
I guess it all depends on your relationship with your mother. I can't imagine my mom texting me, but then she hasn't called me in 20 years unless she specifically wants something from me. She never contacts me to see how I'm doing, so if I don't hear from her for 6 months, I'll call to make sure she's still alive. Same with my father and brother.

I guess having a family that doesn't really have any interest in you has its positives But I have kids now, so maybe I'll bug the crap out of them someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships